Chapter 47: I was Looking for You Too

The emergency contact point in Lungmen.

Even Xiu Xian and his team were unaware of this contact point. Only its manager and the squad leaders responsible for the Lungmen operation knew about it.

Crownslayer was one of them, as was Mr. He.

After the chaos within the Reunion Movement, He Lao couldn't possibly stay at the original contact point. He could only come to this place.

Crownslayer came here to find him.

As the gate was pushed open, Mr. He's body trembled slightly.

At this moment, he was only accompanied by three subordinates.

They were the only three he could trust now.

Seeing Crownslayer's arrival, Mr. He walked shakily towards him. "L-Leader."

"I need an explanation," Crownslayer stared at Mr. He, her voice icy.

"I... I was careless," The old man's face was full of wrinkles, "Last time, after the purge by the Lungmen Guard Department, many of our team members were killed. W...we had no choice but to try to recruit more people."

"Your so-called recruitment just brought in a bunch of traitors for the movement!" Crownslayer suddenly drew her blade, holding it directly against Mr. He's neck. "All three groups! All had traitors! Old man, are you helping the enemy recruit instead?"

"I am responsible for this matter," Mr. He lowered his head, "I accept any punishment from the leader."

"Tell me," Crownslayer said, "Who do you serve?"

"Huh?" Mr. He was stunned, then he raised his head. "I serve the organization."

"You're working for someone else," Crownslayer looked at Mr. He calmly.

"I... I serve the organization!" Mr. He swallowed nervously. "Leader, you can't suspect me, right?"

"There was a tracking device on my car." Crownslayer tightened the grip on her knife. "Tell me, who is behind you?"

"That's impossible." Mr. He's face turned pale. "I personally checked the car! There couldn't be anything!"

"My team was surrounded by the Guard Department because of it." Crownslayer narrowed her eyes. "Are you still going to deny it?"

"Someone framed me!" Mr. He quickly shouted, "Someone must have framed me!"

Crownslayer took a deep breath. "It seems that you're not willing to talk. You've let this contact point fall into disarray, whether someone framed you or not, someone has to pay the price for today's events. Our whereabouts mustn't be leaked, the tasks we carry, must be completed. So, it's regrettable. You... have to go."

With that, Crownslayer suddenly lunged with her knife.

But the next moment, her face changed, and her body abruptly turned!

Pew!

A bullet grazed past her blade!

If she hadn't dodged, the bullet would have hit Crownslayer's knife head on.

Crownslayer crouched down. "So it's like that, there are still others!"

Mr. He jumped in fright. "They are our own people! Leader, they are our own people!"

But Crownslayer had already been shot, and she had no reason to no trust Mr. He's words. She was a dark blur as she rushed out!

After a clatter of fighting, a figure in black was thrown heavily out of the darkness. But following that were the sounds of footsteps.