Chapter 49: Operation: Rizzing a Police Officer?

Now back at the hotel, everyone is feeling a bit frustrated.

The reason? None other than Mephisto.

The few Reunion casters who had followed them on their way to Lungmen turned out to be Mephisto's subordinates. Even though the situation had escalated now, these guys were still staying at the hotel.

And then there were those black-clad individuals, complete strangers whom nobody could control.

"We need to be careful in our future operations," Crownslayer reminded. "Mephisto is a lunatic, a complete and total lunatic. He'll stop at nothing to achieve his goals, using whatever means necessary. Even if I warned him, if necessary, he would still..." Crownslayer glanced at Xiu Xian. "Especially you, he's already had his eye on you for some time now."

"I've disliked him for quite a while too," Xiu Xian thought to himself, but said aloud, "Huh? He knows me?"

"The incident in Chernobog," Crownslayer said, "Not just you, everyone here were amongst his initial targets for assessment."

"So why does he have a problem with me specifically?" Xiu Xian looked puzzled.

"He also has treatment-related arts," Crownslayer continued, "And as for the leader..."

Chu Ning slapped his forehead, "Competing abilities threatening his status? Plus, Xiu Fei Fan's ungodly rizz?"

Xiu Xian rolled his eyes, "What nonsense are you talking about?"

Eli asked, chin in hand, "But who are those black-clad people? Chu Ning's shot would have killed an ordinary person long ago, having shot that guy in the heart. Even if they didn't die, they would definitely be immobilized, yet they casually stood up as if nothing happened."

Hearing Eli's question, Crownslayer shook her head, "This is the first time I've seen these guys too. Mephisto always has some inexplicable ideas."

"These black-clad individuals are a threat, a threat to our safety," Xiu Xian squinted, "If they're not with us, we have to figure out a way to deal with them."

Galileotimidly raised his hand, "Shouldn't we be thinking about how to find the informant now? That's our mission. Now that the contact point is gone, and we've said those things in front of that brat, it's like we've completely cut off our connection to the informant. How are we meant to continue investigating?"

Everyone fell into a sombre silence.

Xiu Xian pondered in his heart. He had to go see Chen.

Whether it's for this informant or to tell her that the black-clothed organization that should have been wiped out has reappeared.

He had to go see Chen.

Looking at everyone, Chu Ning suddenly said, "Perhaps we need to take a risk."

"Hmm?" Crownslayer looked at him.

Chuning took a deep breath and said, "All the information we have about the informant is from the Reunion rendezvous. But now, the reliability of that information is uncertain. So, we need a new source of intelligence, luckily... all of Lungmen knows about the existence of this informant."

Xiu Xian frowned, "Are you suggesting we find people from the underground world of Lungmen? Do you know anyone? Don't involve me in this. I'm from Lungmen, but I'm just a doctor. I can't deal with them."

Although Chen arranged an identity for Xiu Xian, he hardly experienced it.

He was taking the place of a black-hearted doctor named 'Xiu Feifan.'

If Xiu Xian were really expected to navigate the underground black market of Lungmen, his cover would be fully blown.

But Chu Ning continued, "Why look for gangs? The information they have is probably secondhand too, and even if you break in, what you get might not be what we want. But there's a place here with firsthand information, extremely effective operational capabilities, and absolutely legal methods."

Everyone suddenly realized, "Shit! The LGD!"

Chu Ning nodded, "There's no source better than them, right? The Lungmen Guard Department has firsthand information, controls all the areas related to the informant, has enough manpower, and the Lungmen's entire information network at their disposal."

Galileo's face darkened, "Are you serious? How am I supposed to infiltrate the most secure system in all of Lungmen?"

Chu Ning shook his head, "It has nothing to do with you. The LGD's most confidential data is on the intranet, and external networks can't hack into it. So, a person has to do this in real life."

With that, Chu Ning's gaze shifted to Xiu Xian.

Xiu Xian jumped, "What are you looking at me for?"

"I have a proposal," Chu Ning spoke up. "The senior police officers of Lungmen, especially the senior police officers in charge of overseeing this case, should have the information we need. Now, the top priority is figuring out how to make contact with them, how to extract intelligence from them. Or... how to gain their trust."

"So what do you want me to do?" Xiu Xian asked.

Chu Ning grinned, "You were pretty smooth with your sweet talk before. What do you think about... dating a senior police officer?"