Chapter 46: Playing Dirty

-The hotel suite-

Xiu Xian and his group returned relatively unscathed, physically, at least.

They hadn't been back long when Chu Ning returned as well.

He looked rather worse for wear, wrapped in a coat. After taking it off, his clothes looked like rags, with streaks of blood all over him.

Seeing Xiu Xian and the others seemingly unharmed, he was surprised. "How come you're all okay?"

They were equally surprised. "What happened to you?"

"Don't ask." Chu Ning waved his hand. "Encountered a tough opponent. She chased me all over those slums. If our equipment had arrived, I would've taken her down by now!"

"No one followed you, right?"

Chu Ning nodded. "I have basic common sense. So what's the situation now? Are our Lungmen contact points compromised?"

"According to what we gathered just now," Xiu Xian, lying on Crownslayer's bed, said while looking at the ceiling. "The so-called contact points have been infiltrated by spies from various factions, or those who want that list. The entire underground world of Lungmen, even forces from other countries, are mixed in."

He paused before continuing. "But the difference is, people from those major countries are focused on intercepting Lungmen's investigations. Whereas those at our contact points are mostly from Lungmen's underground who have to resort to targeting us. We originally planned to bait and catch a few spies, but..."

Crownslayer supported her forehead. "But it turns out this is actually a massive breeding ground for them."

"This development is so messed up." Galileo tapped on his computer. "There's nothing unusual around the hotel. Speaking of which, we're not exposed, are we?"

"At least He Lao, that old man, should be fine." Crownslayer said. "He's the only one who knows our identities."

"What about the driver?" Xiu Xian asked.

"He's also a trusted contact." Crownslayer replied. "Right now, we're in a situation where only a few out of dozens of Reunion members can be trusted."

"Forget about dozens." Eli grimaced from the other side. "After the ones that had been captured or beaten up or killed, there will be, what, ten people left? And how many moles are among those remaining ten? Damn it, today's events have made me suspicious of everyone."

With that, Eli looked at Galileo. "How come you're so well-informed?"

Galileo looked bewildered. "I'm a hacker! What else would I do?"

Eli turned to Chu Ning. "How did you manage to come back alone?"

Chu Ning rolled his eyes. "Are you kidding me?"

Eli looked at Xiu Xian, opened his mouth, then shook his head. "Forget it, you're the least likely. Every time, you're the unluckiest." He then looked at Crownslayer.

Then Eli shivered in fear. "I just wanted to express my confusion and frustration."

Xiu Xian sat up from the bed, took off his shoes, crossed his legs, and sat back on the bed. He looked at Crownslayer. "You said Mr. He is fine?"

"I hadn't noticed any pursuers after leaving from his place." Crownslayer said. "According to our assumptions and logic, that old man should be fine."

Xiu Xian sighed. "Then where did the transmitter on your body come from?"

Crownslayer was stunned for a second.

Xiu Xian pointed to the lower hem of Crownslayer's clothes. "I found the transmitter there. How could a transmitter have been stuck there? You probably don't like people reaching behind you, do you?"

Crownslayer frowned. "Are you saying..."

"The car." Xiu Xian said. "I'm just speculating. If someone put this thing on the car seat, is it possible for it to stick to your clothes while you're driving? This position seems to fit perfectly, doesn't it?"

"It's impossible!" Crownslayer immediately rejected. "If He Lao was turned into a spy for Lungmen, why are we still here? Once Lungmen catches those two goons that you baited them with, we'd be exposed, and Taeglin Hotel would've been surrounded by now, right?"

"This is true." Xiu Xian nodded, feeling somewhat disappointed that his plan didn't work.

His task from Lungmen was to find that informant. Initially, Xiu Xian intended to use the contact points, but they had been here for two days, and the informant hadn't approached the contact points, which struck Xiu Xian as strange.

Today's events made Xiu Xian realize that the informant probably knew how tense the situation was on Lungmen's side.

So, the informant didn't dare to make contact. Xiu Xian thus wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to rouse Crownslayer's suspicion and have her directly eliminate the contact points, leaving the informant with no choice but to personally come to them. It would have increased their leverage, but...

This still wasn't enough to convince Crownslayer.

After some thought, Xiu Xian's eyes lit up as he looked at Galileo. "Fatty, if a transmitter is found, can it be used to find others of the same type?"

"It's possible." Galileo said, "If they use similar Originium technology, finding one and activating the tracking might indeed lead to locating other devices on the same frequency band."

Xiu Xian turned to Crownslayer. "Boss, there's a serious problem now. Our car was left at the scene."

Crownslayer fell silent.

"Do you really suspect He Lao?"

"Besides the people in this room," Xiu Xian said, "I suspect anyone from the Lungmen Reunion Movement. Under the current circumstances, we have no choice but to be suspicious. The leader said Lungmen has suffered heavy losses. So, how is it that such a heavily infiltrated contact point still exists?"

"I agree with Xiu Feifan." Chu Ning spoke up from the side. "Considering what happened today, the leader will probably have a meltdown when she arrives."

Xiu Xian looked at Crownslayer. "This is a hidden danger."

Crownslayer paused for a moment, then said, "I'll go and contact him."

"Let us go with you."

"No need." Crownslayer said, "You guys stay here. Chu Ning needs to recover, Eli was chased all the way, and you just escaped. I'll handle this myself. You all stay here."

With that, Crownslayer opened the window and jumped out.

After Crownslayer left, Galileo looked at Xiu Xian. "Feifan, what should we do?"

Eli also looked worried. "What if something happens to the boss? Feifan, come up with a plan."

Xiu Xian looked puzzled. "I'm just a doctor, what use am I to you guys?"

Chu Ning glanced at the shoes by the bed and said lightly, "Look at the way you jumped onto the leader's bed so casually. Who else would we ask?"

Xiu Xian: "..."

"Just stay put!" Xiu Xian said irritably, "Going out from the hotel in the middle of the night, what about surveillance? Or can you guys jump from the 15th floor like she did?"

"I'll be fine." Chu Ning said.

"I'll handle the surveillance." Galileo said.

"I can drive," Eliwa said, "the main issue is how to keep up with the leader."

Galileo laughed. "Bring me along. Don't forget, I can track her."

Everyone's eyes fell on Xiu Xian again.

After thinking for a moment, Xiu Xian made a face. "Let's go!"