Chapter 16: Bondage or Cosplay?

Crownslayer looked at Xiu Xian, who had picked up the other person's firearm from the ground, surprised at how quickly he had arrived.

She walked over and pulled out her own dagger, but when she turned around, she saw Xiu Xian still rummaging through the person's belongings.

"What are you doing?" Crownslayer asked, perplexed.

Xiu Xian took something from the person's waist and put on the soldier's coat, saying, "Just preparing some bullets."

Not only that, Xiu Xian said, "Don't just stand there, we're clearly exposed. Take off their bulletproof vests."

Crownslayer looked at the bloodstained bulletproof vest and snorted, "I don't need this thing."

"Tsk." Xiu Xian clicked his tongue. He didn't hesitate and took off the person's bulletproof vest.

After removing the bulletproof vest, Xiu Xian didn't stop there. He began taking off the person's pants.

"You..." Crownslayer watched from behind, her expression somewhat strange.

"Don't misunderstand." Without looking back, Xiu Xian pulled down the person's pants and then took off his shoes and helmet. "We've already been exposed. It's probably related to the sniper we took out earlier. Even if it's not related, the commotion just now should be enough to attract the attention of the Guards. It's too dangerous to run, but fortunately, I have a convenient solution."

"Change clothes?"

"Yeah." Xiu Xian nodded and started taking off his own clothes.

Crownslayer glanced to the side, pretending not to watch, but Xiu Xian stopped her, saying, "Don't just stand there, lend a hand."

"W-what am I supposed to help with while you're undressing?

Xiu Xian winced. "It hurts~"

Xiu Xian opened his clothes, revealing his body wrapped in bandages.

Crownslayer then remembered that Xiu Xian had just been filleted by Frostnova.

She walked over to help Xiu Xian pull off his undershirt. "How could you move so quickly while being injured?"

"Are you asking me how I took care of those guys on the right?" Xiu Xian's voice came from inside the cloth covering his head.

"Yes."

"I threw two Originium shards at them and blew them up." Xiu Xian removed the shirt completely. "After the explosion, I came straight to you. The good news is they were only focused on you and didn't notice me."

"Originium shards..." Crownslayer's facial muscles twitched upon hearing this answer. "That's convenient."

"I've been blown up by their grenades twice, I had to pay them back." Xiu Xian reached down for his belt. Then he looked at Crownslayer beside him. "Still gonna stare?"

Crownslayer was momentarily stunned, then quickly turned around, disdainfully saying, "Quite shy, aren't you?"

As Xiu Xian took off his pants, he said, "I don't mind if you want to look at me, but everything has to be fair. If you want to look at me, let me watch you too."

Swipe! A dagger was held against Xiu Xian's neck, and Crownslayer didn't turn around. Her voice was cold. "Know your place, newcomer!"

"Of course, of course, I'm just a newcomer who just saved the great Crownslayer. What? I was just kidding." Xiu Xian took out an Originium shard and tapped Crownslayer's dagger. "Move aside."

"Hey, you!" Crownslayer turned around and saw Xiu Xian wearing only underwear, and him tapping the dagger with an Originium shard.

"Holy shit!" Crownslayer somersaulted backward, distancing herself. "Do you want to blow us up!"

"Don't worry." Xiu Xian placed the Originium shard on the ground. "I'm quite familiar with this thing."

As he spoke, Xiu Xian began changing into the guard's uniform, and once he was fully dressed, only the bulletproof vest remained.

After thinking for a moment, he took the item and walked to Crownslayer's side. "Can you help me put this on? You're not afraid of death, but I haven't had enough of life yet."

Actually, if he wanted, Xiu Xian could change into a bulletproof vest in just a second. After all, it was a mandatory course in the LGD academy.

Just now, Xiu Xian had almost done so, but then he suddenly remembered his own identity.

A doctor who knows so much about wearing standard-issue bulletproof vests... would feel off, wouldn't it?

Crownslayer didn't think much about it on her end. She just sneered, "You're really afraid of death, huh."

Although she said that, Crownslayer still took the bulletproof vest and helped Xiu Xian put it on, fastening it for him.

"Considering how you jumped away just now, we're pretty much the same," Xiu Xian remarked.

Crownslayer said threateningly, "Are you trying to die?"

Xiu Xian blew a raspberry and took out a rappelling rope and handcuffs from his waist, looking at Crownslayer. "Are you into bondage or cosplay?"

"Huh?" Crownslayer looked confused.

Xiu Xian gestured outside and said slowly, "They're coming."

They listened carefully and heard the sound of roaring engines.

"They can still bring out vehicles?" Crownslayer was surprised. "Aren't they supposed to be assembling? The leader's side is almost done, and theoretically, the Guards should be short-staffed right now."

"Each area probably has its own reserve team," Xiu Xian said with a smile. "Just in case there's any trouble within the city. So, I used the Originium explosion to lure them here." Xiu Xian took off the person's earpiece and put it on his own ear, opening the communication channel.

An urgent voice came from the other side: "Eyrie, do you copy? Do you copy?"

"What a lousy codename," Xiu Xian pulled the earpiece out and adjusted it. Then he weakened his voice a bit. "Copy, copy."

"Eyrie, do you copy? Do you copy?"

Xiu Xian tapped his earpiece. "Copy, copy."

"Eyrie..."

Xiu Xian looked at Crownslayer. "Are they deaf?"

Crownslayer covered her face, sighed, and then pointed to the walkie-talkie on Xiu Xian's hip. "Hold it down. You can only talk when you hold it down. Don't you know this from your time in the black market?"

"What a hassle." Xiu Xian looked displeased. "I thought these standard-issue equipment would be more advanced. Just turn it on and that's it."

Xiu Xian held down the talk button on the walkie-talkie. "Copy... copy... We have... an incident. We have wounded personnel and need support."

"What's the situation? Give us the details."

"The enemy is carrying Originium and caused an explosion."

"What's your situation?"

"I killed one, captured one, and I'm the only one still awake. The east side is clear." At this point, Xiu Xian took a deep breath. "We need... support on the west side vantage point."

Then he hung up the communication.

"Are you trying to lure them up here?" Crownslayer asked.

"We'd get a means of transportation, no?" Xiu Xian changed his demeanor from his weakened state and once again took out the rope and handcuffs, chuckling happily.

"I apologize in advance, your excellency, the great Crownslayer. So, shall we go with bondage or cosplay?"