Chapter 29: Not Part of the Plan

As night fell, Xiu Xian and Chu Ning went out.

In Lungmen, it was best not to venture out in the slums at night, you can freely go out in the civilian areas, and if you're in Downtown Lungmen, it's essential to go out and experience the nightlife.

These corresponded to three different ways of living, or three distinct worlds.

The slums were chaotic at night, with hardly any police presence. The civilian areas had bustling night markets, resembling a normal world. The city center, on the other hand, was filled with dazzling lights, extravagant entertainment, and opulence.

There was an indescribable contrast between them.

However, this time, Xiu Xian and Chu Ning were headed to a civilian area, escaping the bustling atmosphere of the city center.

After all, even the members within Lungmen's official ranks could hardly afford to buy houses in the city center, so they settled for the civilian areas as a compromise.

But there were still some decent buildings in the civilian areas. The place Xiu Xian was going to was a relatively high-end residential complex.

It had security and property management, and the houses were not high-rise or apartment buildings but individual three to four-story villas.

Each villa accommodated about six households.

In Lungmen, this was considered quite good, and only those with some status could afford to live here.

After observing for a while, Xiu Xian and Chu Ning decided to abandon the idea of entering through the main entrance.

"They even greet people when they see them." Chu Ning looked at the security guard saluting the homeowners and sighed, "How long has this security guard been working here? So familiar with everyone?"

"Anyone who can afford to buy a house here in Lungmen has some status," Xiu Xian led Chu Ning along the base of the wall and whispered, "In this world where catastrophes can strike at any moment, nomadic cities are considered one of the safest places. Safety implies wealth and power."

In the world of the Arknights, catastrophes were terrifying phenomena. Cities could be destroyed in an instant, and it was normal for that to happen. That's why the concept of nomadic cities emerged, relocating to avoid the risks brought by catastrophes.

Lungmen was one of those mobile cities, moving between major cities and continuously striving to revive the world's finance and trade. The LMD had become a widely circulated currency in this world.

The reason? Perhaps because Lungmen had connections with various major powers, it served as an intermediary in issuing the currency. Of course, if you analyzed the worldview more closely, you would realize that there was more to Lungmen than just being a simple city.

Back to matters at hand.

Xiu Xian and Chu Ning found the place and climbed over the high walls and barbed wire to enter the residential area.

Following the map they were given, they quickly arrived near the target building.

"Second floor, the west unit," Xiu Xian scanned the surroundings, "Now should be right after the shift change, the previous shift is about to go to eat."

Chu Ning gestured towards somewhere, "They seem to be more attentive than we expected. The car on the left side."

Xiu Xian looked towards the left and saw a car parked. The engine was off, but a faint light emanated from inside the car, indicating that people were inside.