Chapter 9: Is She Flirting with Me?

"Ch'en sir, we've been through thick and thin together, haven't we? Why are you in such a hurry to send me away?" Xiu Xian said with helplessness as he looked at Ch'en across the rooftop in Lungmen.

Ch'en handed Xiu Xian a file bag and replied, "This is your new identity: Xiu Fei Fan, a doctor. I have erased all your records. The only person who has your identity file in the Lungmen database and can access it is me. From today onwards, 'Xiu Xian' will cease to exist. Even your classmates at the LGD will be deployed elsewhere. Your appearance has also undergone some changes. In Lungmen, and in this world, I am the only one who knows 'Xiu Xian.'"

Xiu Xian chuckled and said, "Oh, the way you say it, someone who doesn't know might think you're confessing your love."

"I'm not joking, Xiu Xian!" Chen's expression turned serious as he stared at Xiu Xian. "I've discovered some things. If your identity and abilities are exposed, it will be difficult for you to survive in this world. Even those guys seem to be searching for you."

Xiu Xian pursed his lips and sighed. "Some things can't be hidden forever."

"That's why you need protection. Don't take it lightly. Although I hate to admit it, if your abilities are exposed, Lungmen... won't be able to protect you."

"Isn't there a place in this vast world where I can find refuge?"

"Yes," Chen nodded. "There is one place, the only place where you might be safe if your abilities are exposed. Of course, I won't let that happen, but hypothetically speaking...."

"Where is that?"

"The Reunion Movement."

..........................

Xiu Xian abruptly opened his eyes. It was a dream.

Another dream.

Recalling the contents of the dream he just had, Xiu Xian felt frustrated.

Women's words are deceptive!

The prettier the woman, the more likely she is to deceive!

But why did he fall asleep again?

Oh, right, it was due to his misjudgment of Frostnova's Oripathy.

Frostnova!

Xiu Xian suddenly remembered the situation and tried to sit up, only to feel a sharp pain all over his body.

Taking a sharp breath, Xiu Xian quickly looked down and realized that he no longer had his shirt on. His bare upper body was now wrapped in bandages.

"Damn it... That donkey..." Xiu Xian's teeth trembled as he uttered those words.

Feeling the wounds on his body, it was evident that Frostnova had sliced all over his body.

Indeed, lying comes at a cost. Xiu Xian advises everyone to be honest and not to lie!

"You're awake?" Just as Xiu Xian was about to get up, the door opened, and Frostnova walked in from outside. "What were you saying about a donkey?"

"N-Nothing." Xiu Xian quickly replied, and reluctantly said. "And, uh, thank you."

"No, I should thank you." Frostnova sat down beside Xiu Xian. Despite her name being Frostnova and her power being ice-cold, her character actually had a certain human touch.

Even though her appearance in the game caused significant trouble for Rhodes Island, she didn't possess the demonic and scheming nature of W, nor the annoying madness of Mephisto. Instead, she simply comes, completes her mission, and even reminds the Doctor sometimes.

Now, Frostnova didn't even have that cold expression anymore.

"Although it was for the sake of the Reunion Movement, transferring Oripathy to oneself still requires significant sacrifice." Frostnova paused for a moment and then said, "I feel great now, better than ever before, unlike any of the previous treatments. I can't accept your thanks. This time, I know the pain of my Originium Arts, I owe you. By the way, my name is Frostnova."

"Xiu... Xiu Feifan." Although he felt uncomfortable with his name, Xiu Xian still said it, "If I can help you, it can be considered as contributing to the organization. But my..."

Before Xiu Xian could finish his sentence, Frostnova interrupted him, "Don't worry, I examined your entire body and made about a dozen incisions."

A full-body examination???

Xiu Xian trembled all over, "They... are all on the upper body?"

"Yes."

Xiu Xian instantly breathed a sigh of relief. If the positions of the crystals were somewhere else, and Frostnova cut even slightly off, he might have been missing something very important.

But Xiu Xian quickly reacted to another matter, "A dozen incisions?"

Frostnova walked to the side and took out a box containing crystallized Originium. "Later, I found out that I could remove them without making any incisions."

Xiu Xian's body tensed.

Frostnova continued, "Talulah was here before. You know that. She asked me about your condition."

The hand Xiu Xian had placed behind him clenched slightly.

"I told her that I removed all the surface Originium crystals from your body." Frostnova continued, "I told her that your ability involves Oripathy suppression and partial transmission. However, at the same time, it also increases the cell-originium assimilation in your body and the density of Originium crystals in your blood."

She emphasized the word "all."

And although the terms "cell-originium assimilation" and "density" seemed difficult to understand, they essentially meant the amount of diseased tissue in your body for the former, and the number of diseased cells in your blood for the latter.

Frostnova continued, "I also mentioned that removing the surface crystals may alleviate some of your symptoms. Each time you save someone, it's equivalent to a suicide attempt. This is from the report by a commander."

Xiu Xian instantly understood the meaning of her words. His clenched fist behind him loosened slightly, and a wry smile appeared on his face, "I..."

"You don't need to explain anything to me, nor is it necessary." Frostnova stopped Xiu Xian, "It would make us both awkward. Everyone has their own secrets, and every infected comrade who comes to the Reunion Movement is searching for acceptance, understanding, and safety that cannot be found elsewhere. You risked your life to save me, so naturally, I won't pry into your secrets. But I'm sorry. I accidentally learned a little bit."

Xiu Xian smiled bitterly. What was she trying to do?

"But I swear on my name that this secret will never be revealed by me."

"I helped you decline the arranged medical examination and said that I had stabilized your condition." Frostnova stood up, "If you're fine, come out. Crownslayer is waiting for you around the corner, and it seems like they have a new assignment for you. Your clothes are over there."

Saying that, Frostnova walked towards the door, speaking as she walked, "By the way, if you encounter any trouble in the future, you can come to me."

"Thank you." Xiu Xian spoke sincerely this time.

But just as Frostnova reached the door, she suddenly stopped and turned her head, looking at Xiu Xian with a hint of a smile on her face.

"Of course, if I have any trouble in the future, I might have to come find you again."

After saying that, Frostnova opened the door and left.

Inside the room, Xiu Xian sat on the bed, dazed.

"What does she mean? Is she flirting with me?"