Chapter 31: It's Gonna Hurt a Bit

When Xiu Xian returned to the hotel, Chu Ning had already come back.

As soon as Chu Ning saw Xiu Xian, he quickly walked up to him. "Come, quick."

Seeing Chu Ning's serious expression, Xiu Xian hurriedly followed and asked in a low voice, "What's wrong?"

"You'll know when you see it." Chu Ning led Xiu Xian into a room, and Galileo opened the door. Xiu Xian followed them inside and saw Eliask with a vigilant expression at the entrance.

"What happened?" Xiu Xian closed the door behind him. "Why are you guys so on edge? Were you also inspected?"

"You finally came back." Galileo looked worried. "Crownslayer had an accident. Come and see."

Xiu Xian's face changed slightly, and he quickly walked towards the inside. Galileo used some kind of tape-like material to seal the gaps in the door.

As soon as he entered, Xiu Xian saw Crownslayer sitting on the edge of the bed, leaning against the headboard, with the Originium crystal on her arm spreading at least three centimeters upward.

When Crownslayer saw Xiu Xian, she managed to smile. "You are back, good."

"What happened?" Xiu Xian nervously walked up to Crownslayer and reached out to grab her wrist where the Originium crystal was spreading. "How did it become like this? We've only been out for a little while."

"We encountered a little accident." Crownslayer said with some difficulty. "It wasn't just us who targeted that room. When I went in, I bumped into some other people, and we had a fight in the room."

"We?"

"At least four people sneaked in." Crownslayer chuckled bitterly. "It was just unlucky that we bumped into each other. I could tell that one of them should be from Penguin Logistics. I've fought against that fighting style before, but I don't know where the other two are from."

"So, you four ran into each other and had a life-and-death fight? Are you all crazy?" Xiu Xian shouted discontentedly, then looked at Chu Ning. "Go to our room and get my first aid kit."

"Okay," Chu Ning replied and quickly went out to fetch the items.

Crownslayer spoke up, "We're not crazy. None of us went all out in the fight; it was more like testing each other."

"Does that mean you were the weakest?" Xiu Xian reached out and touched Crownslayer's forehead.

"Fuck off!" Crownslayer mustered up the strength to curse.

"What happened then?"

"We were ambushed." Crownslayer's voice was filled with regret. "The room above seemed to be a trap, luring us in, and there were people already waiting inside. I... I was unlucky. There was a wardrobe near the window. While the four of us were fighting, I had just moved towards the wardrobe when the door suddenly opened."

Suddenly, Xiu Xian thought of something. "Don't tell me you were kicked out of the building."

Crownslayer, who had been composed until now, suddenly became agitated. "Right inside the wardrobe! They didn't say anything. I had just approached, and bam! A kick! I crashed through the window and flew out! I had no idea what happened! Have they no shame? Have they no shame?"

Xiu Xian's expression became complicated as well... Destiny, this must be destiny, right?

"What about these on your hand..."

"The people from Lungmen came in." Galileo interjected. "Everyone was on the run."

Crownslayer clenched her teeth and said, trembling with anger, "It was the seventeenth floor! I flew out the window. What was I supposed to do without using arts, just fall straight down? It turned out to be a trap set by those Lungmen guys. They descended from the sky with hooks and tried to grab me. There was nothing I could do... I had to use some special means. And this is what you see now."

Crownslayer seethed with anger, "Don't let me get my hands on whoever kicked me!"

"Don't get angry. It's a complete defeat for us today." Xiu Xian took his medical kit and looked at the others. "If you don't want to worsen your infection, wait outside."

Everyone glanced at each other.

"Everyone, go back to your own rooms," Crownslayer said. "Once the Lungmen side recovers, they will surely search the hotel rooms one by one. We can't leave now; we can only try not to be discovered."

"What about the residual Originium energy in this room..."

Xiu Xian walked over and opened the window. "Just come up with an excuse. Let's all go back and avoid being caught. Chu Ning, if Lungmen comes to search, remember to provide me with cover."

"No problem," Chu Ning nodded. "Let's talk about it tomorrow."

After they all left, Xiu Xian took out a surgical knife. "Lie down, endure the pain. It'll hurt a bit at the beginning, but it'll feel great afterwards."

"Why does your description sound strange?"

Xiu Xian pressed the surgical knife against Crownslayer's Originium crystals, and a glow emanated from his hand.

Accompanied by a sharp pain and a warm sensation, the 'surgery' began.

In no time, Xiu Xian successfully removed the crystal, leaving only the part that could be covered by Crownslayer's gloves. Xiu Xian himself was sweating profusely.

"I finally understand why Frostnova values you so much," Crownslayer's complexion regained some color. "You're really skilled, and you can suppress the spread of oripathy?"

"Suppress my ass," Xiu Xian gritted his teeth. "You've been running with thirty pounds of burden on you, and I helped you shed ten pounds. Of course, you feel lighter. It's just that the burden was too heavy before."

"You're right," Crownslayer nodded. "If your ability really can treat and suppress Oripathy from the source, you would have become a sought-after target by various countries, and they would have dissected you for analysis."

"Well, I appreciate you keeping my secret."

"Come on," Crownslayer jumped off the bed. "Take off your clothes."

"Huh? Wait a minute!" Xiu Xian was startled. "Leader, I won't accept any inappropriate behavior."

Crownslayer threatened Xiu Xian with her dagger, speaking fiercely, "I was going to help you remove what's on your body."

Helpless, Xiu Xian took off his shirt, revealing his body wrapped in bandages.

"Look at me like this, can we wait a bit? At least until I'm fully recovered?" Xiu Xian looked pitifully at Crownslayer. "It hurts a lot, leader~"

Crownslayer hesitated with the dagger in her hand. "Can you handle it yourself?"

"Don't worry." Xiu Xian let out a sigh of relief and pointed to where the bandages on his shoulder were bulging. "I've been doing it myself before, right? I'm used to it. It's just that..."

Before Xiu Xian could finish his sentence, there was a knock on the door from outside.

Along with it came Chu Ning's voice, "Ah sir, ah sir, the people inside are resting, resting."

The room inspection team from Lungmen... had arrived.