Chapter 28: What the hell!

Xiu Xian needed to find an opportunity to contact Chen.

He wanted to let her know that he had arrived in Lungmen.

However, this was a technical challenge. As any undercover agent would know, communication is strictly one-way. Only the superiors can contact their subordinates, but subordinates cannot contact their superiors.

If he remained within Crownslayer's sight, it would be extremely difficult for him to meet with Chen. After all, they had a good relationship, and she would likely notice his movements.

Finally, he had a chance now.

Crownslayer gave Xiu Xian and Chu Ning an address and instructed them to find a surviving undercover contact in Lungmen. They would provide valuable information for Xiu Xian's mission. Meanwhile, Crownslayer would be responsible for investigating the hotel.

Before leaving, Xiu Xian looked meaningfully at Crownslayer. "Leader, please be careful."

"Hmph," Crownslayer responded nonchalantly. "Do you think this place can stop me?"

Xiu Xian didn't say much, but he had a bad feeling that Crownslayer won't have a pleasant time. After all, Shaw, one of the operators who frequently bully her in the game, was here as well.

After arriving in the lobby, Xiu Xian glanced up at several surveillance cameras.

"Don't keep staring at them," Chu Ning whispered as he lightly tapped Xiu Xian's shoulder from behind and discreetly pulled him forward. "If what Galileo said is true, there are quite a few people keeping an eye on us now."

Xiu Xian withdrew his gaze and followed Chu Ning outside. "Aren't there a lot of people who look at cameras? It's become a habit of mine"

While Xiu Xian walked nonchalantly, his hand was behind his back, his fingers lightly tapping.

"Even though normal people would also glance at the surveillance cameras to see what's happening," Chu Ning whispered to Xiu Xian. "They face no consequences if someone decides to investigate them. We can't afford to take that risk. We need to be cautious now."

Xiu Xian pretended to have a sudden realization, "There are so many twists and turns."

"If you haven't seen how they investigate cases, you wouldn't understand these things. We have worked with the police before, and the details determine success or failure," Chu Ning said, hailing a car that came by. He then looked at Xiu Xian. "Where are we going?"

Xiu Xian gave the driver an address, and the car left the street, heading towards the civilian district.

The civilian district wasn't as bustling as the city center, but it was still relatively clean. After arriving at their destination, Xiu Xian, being a resident of Lungmen, led Chu Ning around for a while until they reached a closed roller shutter door.

With a few uneven knocks on the door, the roller shutter door opened.

Inside stood the same white-bearded old man they had seen at the entrance earlier.

Even though they had seen him before, the old man still spoke up, "We're still restocking the drinks. It's not a good time for guests to come."

Xiu Xian responded, "Fine wine is intoxicating, even smelling it is worthwhile."

This was the secret code. If they couldn't say this phrase, Xiu Xian could swear that even if they had seen each other before, they would likely be immediately bound or killed.

In fact, if it weren't for Crownslayer's information just now, Xiu Xian wouldn't have known about the secret code at all.

The old man gave a signal to the two of them, then stepped aside and let them enter the room.