Chapter 34: Stop Eating Shit!

Endless ruins of a city.

A city destroyed by natural disasters.

Blocks of originium stand tall on the streets.

In Terra, after a Catastrophe, areas affected by the Catastrophe will have a large number of originium ores, serving as resource points for producing originium.

The general public believes that these originium crystals are simply brought by the Catastrophe. However, most people, in fact, a vast majority of them, do not know the truth.

What exactly are these appearing originium crystals? What does the Catastrophe carry?

The originium crystals emerge irregularly, taking strange and peculiar forms. Some even resemble human shapes, like the final form of the Infected.

But after the Infected die, they should explode, right? They should become new sources of infection and spread out.

Amidst the ruins, two figures support each other as they move forward.

Xiu Xian's hand rests on Chen's shoulder, emitting a faint light.

At this moment, Chen's appearance is also extremely terrifying. Originium crystals covered her arms, and at certain points, the crystals have begun to form spikes.

"Spare some energy," Chen supports Xiu Xian and slaps his hand away. "Otherwise, where will we find the strength to fight later?"

Xiu Xian reaches out his hand and says slowly, "Originium."

"You can't eat any more!" Chen says, quickening her pace. "You've already had ten pieces today! You can't have any more! Sometimes I even doubt if you're really human. I've only seen machines devour originium like this. Let's walk faster and try to shake them off!"

Just as Chen picks up her pace, a sudden voice interrupts, "Found them!"

Upon hearing these words, Chen places Xiu Xian on the ground and turns around, saying, "Once I deal with them, I'll come back."

.............

Xiu Xian suddenly opened his eyes!

His clothes were already soaked with sweat, and then, he trembled as he looked at Crownslayer, who was staring at him with wide eyes.

"What are you doing?" Xiu Xian moved backward and glanced outside the window.

The faint light in the sky indicated that it was about to dawn.

"What did you dream about?" Crownslayer sat up, looking interested as she observed Xiu Xian. "Sweating profusely and trembling. What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?"

Seeing Crownslayer's gloating expression, Xiu Xian felt extremely annoyed.

He nodded, "Yeah, I had a nightmare."

"Oh, you? Someone like you still has nightmares?" Crownslayer said in surprise. "I thought you were the kind of person who is so morally corrupt that you don't care about anything you've done. So you're also restless at night?"

"We're all human," Xiu Xian helplessly said. "Who doesn't have a troubled past?"

Crownslayer suddenly became interested. "Come on, tell me. What did you dream about?"

Xiu Xian smiled bitterly and shook his head, turning his face away. "Forget it, it's not important."

"Tell me!" Crownslayer moved to Xiu Xian's side, looking hopeful. "Come on, speak up. Why are you so slow?"

"I dreamt that I was walking alone on a dark road, and suddenly, a woman appeared in front of me," Xiu Xian put on his pants.

"Oh! Late at night? A woman?" Crownslayer exclaimed.

"I was curious, so I wanted to go and take a look," Xiu Xian finished putting on his pants.

"Well, that suits your character," Crownslayer commented.

"Of course. I am a doctor," Xiu Xian said.

"Oh, you remember that you're a doctor now?" Crownslayer teased.

Xiu Xian walked towards the bathroom door, and Crownslayer followed. Xiu Xian continued, "I patted the woman's shoulder."

"You actually touched her? Late at night? And she was a woman?" Crownslayer raised an eyebrow.

"That woman turned around," Xiu Xian furrowed his brows. "Hey! It was lord Crownslayer! It was you!"

Crownslayer was taken aback. "Me?"

"Yeah! I was surprised too! How could it be you?" Xiu Xian looked at Crownslayer. "And then I saw you eating shit! I warned you not to eat it! It's shit! But you didn't listen and even hit me!"

Xiu Xian hurriedly entered the bathroom, slammed the door shut, and his voice came from inside, "You chased me everywhere! Kept hitting me!"

Crownslayer stood outside the door, stunned for a while, before gritting her teeth and shouting, "Damn it, Xiu Fei Fan!"

...

"I don't understand," in the commercial district, Eliask asked, "Are we... shopping?"

"Shopping tour," Crownslayer led the way in front, saying, "We supposedly came to Lungmen as a tourist group. Staying locked up in the hotel every day, is that called tourism?"

Galileo shook his fat body and whispered, "I remember those Victorian novelists. When they went out traveling, they preferred to stay in the hotel rather than visit scenic spots."

Xiu Xian was puzzled, "How do you know that?"

"I met someone while playing a game," Galileo said somewhat embarrassedly, "He told me that when authors in the circle have collective activities for inspiration, they have to go out in the morning and come back in the afternoon. But very few people actually go out."

Galilee recalled, "Then he joined us for a raid, and we played until the evening."

Crownslayer turned around curiously, "Aren't novelists supposed to write every day?"

"Game developers also have various meet-ups every day," Galileo shrugged, "These creators, they never work until they're close to the deadline"

Chu Ning nodded, "That does make some sense."

"What a pain." Eliask groaned, looking frustrated. "Can't we just go through the motions and get on with the real business?"

"Of course," Crownslayer looked at the surrounding shops with great generosity. "If you like something, just buy it. It'll be reimbursed with Reunion funds!"

Galileo's eyes lit up. "Really!"

But this time, Crownslayer didn't answer. Instead, she slightly turned her body to the side.

In front of everyone, a few members of the LGD walked by, one of them wearing a bitter expression. "Superintendent Swire, weren't you supposed to treat us? Why are we buying bubble tea ourselves?"

"Going Dutch is better for promoting camaraderie among colleagues. It demonstrates our equality," said the woman who was walking at the front. After speaking these words, she stopped in her tracks.

Then, she walked towards Xiuxian and his group, looking them up and down.

"What's the matter, ah sir?" Xiu Xian smiled.

Swire furrowed her brow and spoke slowly, "I feel like I've seen you before."