Chapter 14: That Originium looks a bit strange.

"Just this once!"

In the darkness, Crownslayer kept pulling Xiu Xian as they moved through the city.

She was persuaded by Xiu Xian.

However, Xiu Xian didn't know if Crownslayer was concerned about the safety of the infected individuals in the "Black Market District" or if she was genuinely afraid that the Originium would affect the Reunion Movement.

As for the reason for bringing him along, it was simple: very few people dared to touch the Originium without any protective measures, unless they were willing to risk their lives to utilize its power.

In Terra, the world of Arknights, coming into contact with Originium and immediately getting infected is actually a rumor, but prolonged exposure would undoubtedly lead to infection.

That's why Crownslayer immediately found a vehicle and rushed into Chernobog. However, in Chernobog, where curfew was already in place, a speeding vehicle was like a beacon in the dark.

They were inevitably attacked, and after being attacked, Crownslayer abandoned the vehicle and started moving with Xiu Xian.

She knew that Xiu Xian would gain some of her abilities after making physical contact with her, so there was no need to hide it at this moment.

However, Xiu Xian had no intention of letting go!

Following an assassin's movements was currently his safest choice.

So, ever since Crownslayer extended her hand to him, this guy held onto it tightly.

Their position was unbearable for Crownslayer, and that's why she said what she said earlier.

"Don't be so stingy," Xiu Xian seemed unconcerned, "Moreover, in life, don't make your words so absolute. We'll still need to work together in the future. Maybe we'll have to do this again. It would be awkward for you if you remembered what you said now, wouldn't it?"

"You!" Crownslayer gritted her teeth, "You are doing this on purpose, didn't you!"

However, Xiu Xian suddenly squinted his eyes. "Be careful!"

As he spoke, he forcefully kicked off the nearby wall, grabbed Crownslayer's waist and swiftly dodged to the side!

Swoosh~

A crossbow arrow flew past the two of them!

"Sniper," Xiu Xian pulled Crownslayer and hid behind a wall, cautiously warning her.

But the next second, Xiu Xian felt something missing from his arm. When he turned around, Crownslayer had already disappeared.

"No way." Xiu Xian blinked, realizing something.

Then, a scream rang out!

After a moment, Crownslayer appeared in front of Xiu Xian, holding a blood-stained dagger, and said coldly, "Taken care of, let's go."

"Ah? So fast?" Xiu Xian thought Crownslayer would retaliate decisively. After all, no assassin wants to be continuously targeted by a sniper. But he didn't expect her to be so quick!

Crownslayer still had a cold expression, "Surprised?"

Xiu Xian quickly shook his head, "No, no, no, there's no reason to be surprised about your capabilities!"

Crownslayer snorted and then extended her hand.

Xiu Xian hesitated for a moment and then reached out, skillfully taking her hand, "Thank you."

"Let me tell you in advance," Crownslayer didn't look at Xiu Xian and started moving quickly once again, gritting her teeth "What you can perceive right now comes from me! If you hadn't meddled, we didn't even need those unnecessary movements to evade that arrow!"

"So, if you detect enemies next time, just give me a reminder, don't take action! I'll handle it."

Xiu Xian blinked, "But you didn't stop me either."

"No shit!" This time Crownslayer turned back, "If I act recklessly, we'll both be in danger!"

"Uh... okay." Xiu Xian's voice weakened, "I'll pay attention next time."

Next time!

This bastard wants there to be a next time!

Crownslayer was infuriated, "You'd better pray that we don't encounter any more trouble on the way, or I'll be sure to throw you out!"

"Oh, I know you won't," Xiu Xian wasn't worried at all.

Fortunately, they didn't encounter any more unexpected incidents on their way, it's almost like they just happened to run into that sniper earlier.

The two quickly arrived in front of the clandestine clinic.

However, the destruction here was worse than Xiu Xian had imagined.

Everything that could be smashed inside the room was smashed. Several cabinets were overturned on the ground. It was evident that the guards were furious about Xiu Xian's escape, not to mention how he also killed their comrades.

In this world, different places have different attitudes towards the infected.

Chernobog in Ursus is one of those places that strongly rejects the infected.

These officers were probably searching for any traces left behind, but the way they were searching, it would be a miracle if they found anything.

"They really did a number on this place," Crownslayer followed Xiu Xian into the clinic. When they arrived at the side room, they discovered that the beds and blankets were all overturned, and even the wardrobe doors had been torn off.

Xiu Xian looked regretful, "I was planning to grab a few clean clothes while we're at it."

"Stop talking nonsense," Crownslayer glared at him, "Hurry up and grab your things, we need to leave. The leader is probably about to start soon. We don't have much time."

"I know, I know." Xiu Xian walked to a spot in the room and pulled on an iron rod on the windowsill.

"Are you going to break the window?"

"It's a mechanism."

"I'm not hearing anything," Crownslayer looked around.

With a strong pull, Xiu Xian heard a crisp sound as he pulled out the iron rod, revealing a broken wooden section underneath.

"No wonder there was no response. These guys are too wild. They even snapped this?" Xiu Xian said as he walked to the adjacent storage room and took out a sledgehammer.

Then, bang! Bang! Bang! He started smashing the wall!

After a few strikes, Xiu Xian created a hole in the wall, revealing a broken wooden plank inside. Xiu Xian grabbed hold of it and pulled it upward, and immediately a sound of a lever was heard. The surface of the fireplace in the room flipped open with the sound.

And the moment it opened, a surge of Originium energy emanated from inside.

"You... kept it here?"

"Where else? This place used to be the previous landlord's secret stash. I just repurposed it," Xiu Xian said, although this place was actually arranged by Lungmen for convenient information transmission.

Crownslayer walked over and found various strange objects inside the hidden compartment.

They were pieces of stone, resembling Originium in appearance and energy fluctuations. However, this appearance was different from the Originium shards Crownslayer had seen before. These seemed to be refined Originium?

Indispensable energy used in large quantities by all industries!

But...

Why did these things have sharp corners?

And it seemed like they were deliberately polished by someone? Who had nothing better to do? Were they playing with Originium at the risk of their lives?

"These Originium pieces look a bit different from what I usually see," Crownslayer couldn't help but ask.

"Oh, it's normal," Xiu Xian seemed to have found an explanation long ago, "These are fragments that have been pieced together and fused. They're essentially no different from Originium, but to differentiate them, I nicknamed these Saint Quartzs."