Chapter 13: An Irrefutable Reason!

Chen's communication has come through, so there must be something important.

Xiu Xian pondered how to escape from this place.

He couldn't keep dragging on with these guys.

"When do we depart?" Xiu Xian suddenly asked.

"What?" Crownslayer looked at Xiu Xian.

"You mentioned a promotion, right?" Xiu Xian smiled. "So I want to ask, when do we leave? Leave this place and head to Lungmen."

Crownslayer raised an eyebrow at Xiu Xian. "Didn't the leader say we'll move later and depart for Lungmen tomorrow?"

"Why later? Why not now?"

"There are still compatriots trapped in the city," Crownslayer said. "Naturally, we have to wait until most of them are evacuated before we leave together."

Xiu Xian frowned. "What's wrong with your brains? Do you think the guards will only search inside the city? If so many infected individuals have escaped outside, do you think they will just stay inside the city? They probably have their eyes on you, driving you out of there and surrounding this place from the outside. By the time you gather all your people, the guards will probably be ready too!"

"Oh," Crownslayer responded unexpectedly. "Didn't expect you to be so perceptive."

Xiu Xian grew anxious. "Are you joking with me?"

"Don't worry," Crownslayer said calmly. "The cadres of the Reunion Movement have been active in various places, rescuing our compatriots. Today, the leader recalled a large number of cadres. It's not for sending them to their deaths."

"What do you mean?"

Crownslayer didn't answer directly but said, "Frostnova has already covered the retreat of personnel, so why would we be so eager for you to cure her?"

Xiu Xian was taken aback for a moment, then a thought appeared in his mind. "A gathering place for a large number of infected individuals, an outpost outside the city controlled by the Reunion Movement. These are not things that the guards can easily capture. If they want to catch you, to wipe you all out, they will need a large amount of manpower. I understand now! You're also planning to eliminate them!"

"An eye for an eye," Crownslayer pinched her ear and tilted her head. "This sudden incident requires someone to pay the price. Since the leader took over the Reunion Movement, our reputation has been growing, becoming the last harbor for our infected compatriots. We can't let our compatriots lose faith in us because of this incident. And we can't let so many suffering infected individuals lose hope because of this!"

Upon hearing Crownslayer's words, Xiu Xian fully understood the meaning.

Talulah, the current leader of the Reunion Movement, the big boss!

She had no intention of simply escaping!

It makes sense. After all, even Talulah's quotes were of extremely high caliber!

"Do not ask if the bonfire should burn, ask first if the cold darkness is still there."

"Do not ask if the bullet should be loaded, ask first if oppression and exploitation are still there."

"Do not ask if the cause of justice has a tomorrow, ask first if injustice still exists today."

With a leader like Talulah, this walking catastrophe, how could she simply retreat with her people in disgrace? That's a joke!

Xiu Xian gritted his teeth. He wanted to ease the pain a little, but at that moment, the communication suddenly cut off.

The sensation from earlier vanished, but even after it disappeared, Xiu Xian's heartbeat did not slow down.

The emergency communication device was only used by Chen in major situations, and its interruption could only mean two possibilities.

One: Chen encountered trouble.

Two: Chen arrived at his lodging and discovered a problem or knew that it was inconvenient to contact, so she proactively shut it down.

But regardless of which one it was, Xiu Xian couldn't stay in this temporary stronghold any longer.

Chen was in Chernobog, and if something happened to her, Xiu Xian had to go and save her. He didn't care much about people in this world, but his boss was someone he genuinely cared about.

Not only did she hold Xiu Xian's identity information and know his secrets, but after what happened that year, she could be considered the only person he could trust.

If it was the second possibility, Xiu Xian had even more reason to go back. Chen contacting him must have had a reason. Xiu Xian believed that if Chen arrived at his place, even if she couldn't see a body, seeing the bloodstains would let her know that something had happened to him.

He also believed that Chen knew he left with the Reunion Movement, but that lady probably couldn't have dreamed that he would be thrown to Lungmen by Reunion the next day!

After all, who the hell could expect such a thing!

Therefore, Xiu Xian could guarantee that Chen would leave something important to be explained in the hidden compartment of his room.

Xiu Xian needed to know what she was planning and, more importantly, retrieve that thing!

Finally, Xiu Xian took a deep breath and looked at Crownslayer. "Take me back to Chernobog."

Crownslayer was dumbfounded by this statement. "Are you insane?"

"There's something important in my clinic," Xiu Xian's voice showed no signs of relenting "I need to retrieve it."

"Chernobog is under full curfew, and the guards are searching house by house. Any personnel related to the Reunion Movement will be exposed and tracked down, even normal infected! Your place has already been compromised. How many guards have seen your face? Even your residence is under surveillance! And you still want to go back now?"

"Yes," Xiu Xian answered without hesitation.

Then he continued, "The leader hasn't made a move yet, which means we have time and a chance. We can find those things and when we come out, the leader and the others will be there to support us. Since many compatriots have already escaped, the guard forces inside the city must have been depleted to some extent, and they also need to regroup! Crownslayer, if you waste a second with me here, we will have one second less of a chance to succeed!"

Seeing Xiu Xian so serious, Crownslayer asked in confusion, "What's so important that you're risking your life like this?"

Xiu Xian looked at the other three individuals.

Crownslayer understood the meaning. "You guys get out."

The three guys were a bit bewildered. Why were things fine just now, and now suddenly so tense? But since Crownslayer gave the order, they naturally obediently stepped back.

Xiu Xian pursed his lips and spoke, "Originium crystals."

Crownslayer was taken aback, "For that? Are you crazy for money?"

Originium is the energy source in this world, similar to the elemental crystals in the magical world or the spirit stones in the cultivation world. It is also the foundation of various Originium-based technologies, industrial production, and so on. Naturally, it is a form of "currency."

Ironically, this substance is not only the most indispensable energy source in this world but also the origin of Oripathy and the infected individuals.

"A lot of Originium," Xiu Xian said extremely seriously, "I didn't know what you guys were planning before, but now I must bring them back or take them away from that place! If they explode, I don't know what kind of impact it will have! And you have to understand, where my clinic is, there are quite a few infected individuals! There are also many infected individuals who haven't left the city! If by any chance our people are there to rescue them, or if the leader and the cadres are there, just think about the consequences!"

Crownslayer instantly understood the seriousness of the problem. "I'll send someone..."

She wanted to say she would send someone, but Xiu Xian's next words completely dispelled her thoughts. "There are no specialized protective containers there. Besides me, who would dare to touch them?"