Chapter 41: You Shameless Litterbug!

After Xiu Xian had hung up the phone, Crownslayer remained silent.

"Did... did you just call the LGD?" she finally spoke up.

"What do you think?" Xiu Xian's tone was filled with deep sorrow. "For a movement as large as Reunion, it's sad that we can't find anyone we can trust."

"But why the police?"Crownslayer questioned.

"Isn't it common sense to seek help from the police when in trouble?"

Crownslayer fell silent momentarily before saying, "But we're part of Reunion."

"How are they gonna know?" Xiu Xian rolled his eyes. "And at this point, if you told me you were a spy from the Bureau of Intelligence of Ursus, I'd believe you."

After saying this, Xiu Xian opened the communication device. "Eli, where are you now?"

"Cuijiao Street," Eli replied quickly. "I'm still being chased by that gang!"

"And those gang members are precisely what we need," Xiu Xian quickly said. "Galileo, give us directions to meet with Eli."

"Why would you want to make more of a ruckus?" Eli asked incredulously, but his voice soon disappeared, indicating that he was focused on driving.

Galileo's voice came through the communication device. "Turn left at the next intersection, then continue straight until the next traffic light, then turn left. Eli, continue straight at the next intersection."

As the conversation was happening, the sound of ice cracking behind Xiu Xian could be heard. He quickly said, "We need a place where we can temporarily get out of the car!"

"In that case, turn right at the next intersection, then continue straight," Galileo replied, his tone rapid. "Wait, let me adjust the surveillance. Yeah, that's right, continue straight. If you see a construction site, just drive in. The terrain there is complex, and Eli can enter from another gate to provide support."

"I hate driving straight," Crownslayer gritted her teeth.

"Remember to wear a mask," Chu Ning's voice came through, somewhat breathless. "My disguise only makes it difficult for the naked eye to recognize you. But if Lungmen's surveillance cameras have comparison technology or they get portrait artists, it's easy to get exposed."

Crownslayer heard this and put on her hood with one hand, while using the other to pull out her face mask from the outer pocket of her jacket and put it on, leaving only her eyes exposed.

Xiu Xian looked around and panicked. "What if I don't have a mask?"

"Why don't you grab that Sankta's?" Crownslayer maneuvered the car erratically to prevent the car behind them from pulling up to the side.

They were currently under attack from behind. If they were caught up to... that would be a real problem.

At least there are two rows of seats in the back. The side? Zero cover.

"I want to, but they have guns! And one of them is a swordswoman too. They're lethal, I'm just a doctor, there's no way I can handle that combat stuff."

"Heh, you handled yourself pretty well when I first met you."

"That was just because I caught them by surprise," Xiu Xian said as he started to dismantle the cat pillow that he used earlier.

Ever since Xiu Xian's LGD combat style was recognized last time, he has been more cautious. If he could solve the problem with Originium Arts, he would. If he could solve it with a gun, he would. He vowed not to engage in close combat again.

Come to think of it, grappling moves are pretty similar across different countries. He had no idea how he was recognized.

And Texas was a person of few words and lethal actions.

If he really got into close combat with Texas, Xiu Xian couldn't hold back.

Most importantly, neither of these two behind them were Infected! Xiu Xian can't use his greatest advantage.

"Hey, think of something!" Crownslayer watched Xiu Xian poking the pillow with a knife, getting anxious. "What's the point of taking your stress out on that thing?"

"I'm making a mask!" Xiu Xian took out some cotton from the cushion and put two holes for his eyes, stuffing the pillow on his head. "How's this?"

Crownslayer glanced at him and then turned away. "Hmm, not bad. But can you do something about our pursuers?"

As chunks of ice were peeled off, Xiu Xian's eyes flickered. "Accelerate!"

"No need for you to tell me!" Crownslayer suddenly turned the wheel, and the car sped forward.

This straight road would lead them to their destination.

But this straight road would also be the most challenging part of their escape.

"These ice blocks are really annoying!" grumbled Exusiai as she changed clips, and this time, the contents inside were slightly different from before.

"But I finally got rid of it. Wait, what's that guy doing?" From her perspective, she saw a guy with a cat mask dismantling a seat cushion and then throwing it out through the broken glass!

Both sides were driving extremely fast, and Texas was chasing closely behind. After the cushion was thrown out, it landed directly on their windshield!

Texas's vision was immediately blocked. She braked while tilting her head to see the road ahead through some gaps, saying, "Get this thing out of the way."

The Sankta leaned out and pulled the cushion away.

But it just kept on coming, Xiu Xian was tossing and throwing everything he could dismantle from the car, tossing them like garbage.

Texas was forced to pull off some tight maneuvers to dodge as much as possible.

Despite her efforts, a sharp object, probably some glass bottle, hit the windshield, causing a crack to spread along the glass.

And this evasion also made it difficult for Exusiai to counterattack for a while.

"This litter bug is so uncivilized!" She was furious. "Don't you know that throwing objects from the car is illegal?"

"Not the one going 90 above the speed limit and blasting bullets everywhere talking!" Xiu Xian retorted.

"Come back." Texas pulled the angel back. "They'll run out of things to throw soon enough."

"This is so infuriating," the Sankta gritted her teeth, glaring ahead. "We've finally got a lead, and now it's so hard to catch them! How dare this guy throw things out of his window at us! It's outrageous!"

Texas's expression stiffened.

This Exusiai, isn't she a little hypocritical?

But as the littering continued, the items thrown by Xiu Xian diminished one by one. Exusiai seized the opportunity and fired a volley at the car in front.

Texas also stepped on the gas pedal to catch up!

As they were getting closer, Texas's hand was already on the hilt of her sword, ready to use her sword rain.

But just as she was about to do so, they heard sirens blaring!!!

Police cars started chasing after both cars from all directions.

"What's going on? Aren't there supposed to be no police in this area?" Exusiai looked around nervously.

"It's obvious," Texas clenched the steering wheel. "The guys in front reported it."

"But they're part of the Reunion Movement!"

"But they're getting chased," Texas glanced at the angel. "And shot at."

There was a moment of silence, and then the angel shouted angrily at the car in front, "You shameless people! Have you no shame for tarnishing the Reunion Movement like this?!"

But immediately, they heard Xiu Xian's desperate cry from the car ahead, "Help! There are terrorists behind us!!!"