Valentine

God, this headache is causing an absolutely horrid pounding sensation and Max's alarm won't shut off.  Covering my face from the light that shines through the curtain and in an attempt to muffle out the alarm. Groaning and uncovering myself I complain, "Max, shut it off." No response and no sign of the alarm shutting off I call out again, "Max! Shut your wack ass alarm, it's too early!" Groaning is all I hear and I turn to find an empty bed, sitting up and looking around the hotel room I find a clump of sheets on the floor. "Max?! Why are you on the floor? Shut your alarm." Throwing the pillow next to me he jolts up off the floor in a quick haste.

"What? What happened? Are you ok?"

What the fuck? What the actual fucken fuck? There is no way. "CHARLES?" Jumping up and standing on the bed leaning my back against the headboard in complete shock. Looking down at my body, sighing in relief. My clothes from the night are still on, thank God. "WHAT THE FUCK?"

"Alaina, calm down!"

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN!" I scream. How is he so calm? What am I doing here? Where is Max? I really need Max or Carlos right now. I'll even take Lando or Pierre or Daniel, even though I am pissed at them for leaving my last night. "WHAT AM I DOING HERE?"

"Alaina, let me explain-"

"START EXPLAINING LECLERC! QUICKLY!" I start pacing on the bed trying to comprehend what happened last night. The last thing I recall is coming from the bar after talking with him and going back to the group and taking multiple shots with Max and Carlos. "I shouldn't be here. Oh my God." I start to freak out. I hate not knowing things. How could I forget? Was I really that wasted? I don't even like to drink. I hate the taste. It takes like cow piss. Being pulled from my thoughts I hear the name no one has called me in years. The last person who said this was Jules right before his last race. "What did you just call me?"

"Valentine," he repeated. My knees gave out below me as I slowly lowered myself, sitting on the corner of the bed in front of him. "I could hear you overthinking, I didn't know what else to say." Watching him as he kneeled in front of my carefully placing his hands on my knees.

"No one-"

"I know. you don't need to explain. If you don't want to."

Snapping out of my thought his words brought me back to the situation we were currently in. Of course, I don't want to. I am nowhere near ready to talk about it. I haven't even told Max, and for me not to tell Max that says a lot. "I am not going to. Especially not you," I claim quickly standing up, looking around for my shoes.

"Let me just explain, I don't want you to leave without understanding. I know how much you hate not knowing anything."

God, does he remember everything I said. Crossing my arms, waiting for him to explain, "You have three minutes, Charles." A sly grin grew on his face. "Instead of grinning like a dumbass, start talking before I leave."

"Ok, ok, wait. No, no, no," he says stopping me from heading to the door any further. "Last night you were completely wasted and started chugging a full bottle of vodka. I took it away from you before finishing the whole thing. I started looking for Max or Carlos to take you to your room but I found them even worse than you. I then brought you here but you couldn't remember your room number so you told me to just bring you to my room. Well, technically you told Max because you thought I was Max." Dear God, there is no way I let myself get so bad to the point he had to take care of me. Out of everyone in the world, it had to be him who was sober enough to bring me back safely. "But look I didn't take off your clothes, just your shoes. And I slept on the floor."

"Ok. Give me my heels," I say as I placed my hand out in between us.

I watched as he was taken back from my response, "Not even a thank you?"

"You're an absolute dick, Leclerc," I say pushing my way past him and heading out of the room.

"What happened to Charles?" I hear him say as he runs out behind me.

"What?"

"I haven't heard that name come out of your mouth in years."

Thinking back to our conversation right now I realize I did. At least I subconsciously did. Thinking about it now, it was too natural for my liking. "Wow. The world makes sense yet again," I roll my eyes before turning around and finding my hotel room. There is no way. Right across the hallway, he couldn't have called Grace and asked her what my room number was once and possibly found out I was staying in the room in front of him. Quickly going pulling out my key from my purse and heading inside without turning around, slightly ashamed of the situation I was just in I pulled my phone out of my pocket dialing the only first number on my favorites list.

"Hello?"

"Max, you absolute bitch."

"Wha-?!"

"Meet me in the cafe shop by the track in 10. If you are any later or any earlier I will murder you and make sure no one finds out."

"You got it, boss."

"Shut it,  Dutchie."