Lies

"He wants to have dinner tonight because he has something big. In his words, he said 'Something big for us.'"

"And you said yes, right?"

"Of course not," Why would he think that? I am a woman of her word. If I say I'm going to do something I am going to do it. I told Charles I would have dinner with him tonight, so I am having dinner with him tonight.

"How did you get out of it?"

"I told him I had plans."

"With me." More or less. "Valentine, you lied to him?" he questioned as I stayed quiet.

"Not really," I responded, fidgeting with my bracelets.

"Then what did you say?" he questioned leaning his elbows on his knees. I was currently across from him crisscrossed applesauce on the floor. If someone walked in and saw us we'd probably look dumb as hell.

"That I was going to my traditional dinner with Max and Carlos."

"Your what?" he questioned, his head jerking forwards.

"What else was I supposed to say? 'I'm having dinner with that guy I've been telling you I absolutely hate.'"

"You hate me?" he asked leaning back once again, a slight smirk was clearly seen on the corner of his lips.

"You're tolerable. But he doesn't know that I think that."

"He also doesn't know that we are going to dinner not you, Max, and Carlos." He was right. I hated that. Why does he always have to be right? But he'll never know that, it will only bring up his ego even more.

Before I could protest my door opened and a certain Dutchie came through the door. "Charles? Alaina?"

"Hey, mate," Charles quickly stood up shaking Max's hand.

"What the hell?"

"Hey, Maxie. How are you this lovely morning?" I asked, taking Max's other hand and shaking it as well.

Once again, if someone entered and saw the three of us like this they'd think Max just sold his soul or career to us.

"How are you not dead?" Max asked Charles, looking him up and down trying to find any visible injuries.

"I resurrected, mate. After five years, here I am." Max probably didn't understand what the five years meant, but I did. It had been five years since I told him he was dead to me, I guess he resurrected in a way. Hallelujah.

"What?" Max asked.

I don't think he's ever been more confused in his life. Pobrecito. [Poor thing.] "Charles, you're confusing him. He's already confused as it is."

"'Charles'?!" Max asked, jerking his head forward. Now he was completely dumbfounded.

"Ignore that. Did you need me?" I disregarded Max, wanting to get out of this situation. To be honest, I wanted to keep on talking to Charles. It felt good being able to talk to him again, sort of the way things were before.

"No, but Christopher does. He and his family have been looking for you for the past hour or so."

Looking down at my watch sure enough I was late. "Shit, I got to go."

Grabbing my shoes and hopping out the door as I tried to get them on, the last thing I heard was Max ask, "Since when is your name, Charles?"

~

"Alaina, there you are, darling," I heard Sandra, Christopher's mother say as she pushes her husband and her son aside.

"I am so sorry. I had a last-minute meeting and it was longer than expected." Now you're lying to his family.

"Don't you have to prepare for your race in about an hour?" Christopher asked as he looked down at his watch.

"Yes, I'm so sorry. We can walk around or chat in a bar before I have to go," I suggested. Christopher had planned out some activities to do around the paddock beforehand. But 'my meeting' kind of messed it up. "Does that work for everyone?" I asked, hoping they would be open to my proposal.

"Yes, it does. Come on," Christopher said placing his hand on my lower back, as he lead me behind his parents who had already begun walking.

Why is he being so cold?

~

Quali was perfect, it was a 1-2 for Ferrari. Parking my car in my respective place, Charles car park beside mine. Jumping out of our cars, we both immediately ran to each other. I jumped up, wrapping my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt an indescribable sense of pride and joy for both of us. Especially him. "Beautiful job, preziosa," he whispered. [Precious]

Before I could respond another pair of arms wrapped around both our waist, lifting us both in the air. "The Ferraris!"

"Maxie!" I screamed, letting out a laugh along with Charles and the photographers around us when absolutely crazy. I wonder what the media will say about this. Horner is going to lose his shit, considering he's already losing the championship to Ferrari.