Awe

"We are witnessing the reincarnation of Ayrton Senna in none other than his daughter, Alaina Senna." I could hear and see the roars and cheers from the crowd as I once again got another podium in the Belgian GP.

"Absolutely amazing, Senna!" my racing engineer cheered. "Unbelievable."

"I was a bit tight on that last corner the whole race, and my-" I responded before being cut off.

"Accept the win, Alaina."

"Leclerc?"

"Congratulations. I'm on your left," he responded. Looking to my left, as I took my victory lap, there he was, just like he had said so. I loved this. I may not have Jules or Papa with me, but I have him. "For Jules."

"And Papa."

~

"Nope, nope, nope. You are not going anywhere," Carlos said as we dragged me away from heading to my car.

"What do you mean? I need to go to the hotel, shower, and review my notes," I affirmed, wanting nothing but to rest.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You are more boring than Max's maxplaining," Lando butted in.

"You woke us up early," Daniel scolded me.

"Charles did, too. He's an accomplice!" I tried to defend myself.

"Yeah, but who was the one who jumped on each and every one of us as we slept?" Max questioned.

"Me," I rolled my eyes. Sometimes, Max is more of a father than a brother or friend, but I still love him.

"So you, Miss Valentine-" Pierre began.

"Alaina. I call her Valentine," Charles interrupted.

"Excusez-moi," (Excuse me) Pierre said as he raised his hands jokingly, but Charles was far from joking around. That name meant a lot to him, so it was his and his only. "Miss Alaina Senna, you are going out with us tonight."

"And you can't say no," Charles beat me. Watching them all cross their hands across their chest meant I would not be going to bed anytime soon. I could honestly argue with them and easily win, but I was too tired, and I felt a little bad for waking them up early.

"Fine," I murmured. They all high-fiver each other as little 'yes's' were exchanged between them. "But I'm going to shower first, and so will you all because you all are lethal."

~

Charles POV

Standing outside the lobby, we had all agreed to meet outside when the taxi arrived. The guys and I were waiting for Valentine, they complained about her tardiness, but that has always been her. Never on time, yet always there. Turning around, I immediately felt her presence. You know how someone enters a room, and the whole vibe of the room changes because of that one person. That Valentine Alaina Senna for you. She emanates this sense of radiance whenever she is present, even without her presence. The simple thought of her is like a shot of serotonin or dopamine.

She was wearing a black leather strapless shirt paired with black leather pants. Her hair was in a loose claw clip with a few pieces hanging out. Speechless, I placed my right hand on my chest, feeling my mouth open as I stood in awe. I was in the presence of beauty and perfection itself.

"Charles, close your mouth, or you'll swallow a fly," she laughed as she walked down the hotel's front steps.

That laugh. It was like the melody of all melodies. I can compose millions of songs about her laugh, but none will ever meet the delicacy and grace her laugh holds.

"You can't act like this. The guys are right behind you," she whispered once she was close to me, her smile trying to hide everything she couldn't say or do at that moment. Looking down at her, I saw my everything. Just by her simple presence, my soul is lifted, and my heart is filled with this immense sense of peace and joy.

But I can't help but think of the fool I am—a fool for leaving her all these years. I am a fool who has devotedly fallen for her. A fool who will bring down all the stars for her just to make up for the pain I enlisted in her.

But she is a fallen star. The heavens and the earth have gifted me a piece of their light. In all my foolishness, I got her. My light, my star.

"I love you."

That was all I could say. Nothing more, nothing less. Those three words were far from what I felt for her. But they were the closest thing I could say to describe what I was feeling. It was beyond love, beyond the stars, beyond me.

"CHARLES! ALAINA! THE TAXI'S HERE!" Lando shouted, bringing me back to reality.

~

Slow updates but I will for sure go over the 40-chapter mark, this is nowhere near the end.

But Charles is a lovey-dovey with Miss Valentine Alaina Senna!

Precious Starजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें