Parentals

It has been about a month since the Australian GP, and it has been about a month since I have started to get to know Christopher more. I learned that he is a professional baseball player for Miami Marlins, born and raised in Miami meant he would give me the rundown of the city. Immediately after finishing, and winning, the Emilia Romagna GP, I flew out to Miami to spend time with Christopher. Which gave me time to get used to the new time zone and relax before the Miami GP. Excited as ever I acted like a little tourist in the city as Christopher showed me everything he knew about the city, even taking me to see his childhood town.

"So I was thinking," he began, as he played with the rings on his fingers.

"That's never good," I turned to look at him as we were tanning under the blazing Florida sun. "A man thinking only ever brings problems and worry."

"Hopefully this doesn't," he chuckled. "I want you to meet my family."

"As in the parentals?" There is no way. One month into getting to know each other and he wants me to meet his family. I have never dated before, so I wouldn't know the procedure. But I had no one important for him to meet like a parental figure or sibling. The closest thing I had to that was my boys. Meaning Max, Carlos, Pierre, Daniel, and Lando.

"Yeah, you know we have some home games this week and I was thinking you met them tomorrow and then you can be with them during the games."

"Tomorrow, as in mañana?"

"Yes," he chuckled, nervously. "Do you not want to?"

"Of course I do." Do I? "But you know me, I have to be mentally prepared for these things. Part of hating the unknown."

"I've never met anyone who's hated to unknown." Charles did. He knew what I hated. "But I set up a BBQ for tomorrow at my parents, we'll head over around 4, so I'll pick you up around 3."

"Ok, sounds good." Sounds good? Who am I kidding? I do not want to do this. I am not prepared. I have never done this. I need help. "Look at the time," I say, starting to pack up my things. "I have to go back to my hotel because I have...meetings with my social media team."

"That's cool, I'll see you tomorrow."

Giving him a kiss on the cheek I sprinted out of the beach and headed to the hotel.

~

"Answer the phone, Max. God knows how many times I have called you and Carlos,"I repeated once again after leaving about 1 million voicemails to each of them. After arriving at my hotel room, I had immediately dialed them both, expecting either one to answer because they were my lifeline, but nope. Not once have either of them picked up the phone in the million times I have called them.

Last try, if Carlos doesn't pick up I'll have to call 911 and report their deaths.

"Hello."

"CARLOS YOU'RE ALIVE-!"

"Alaina?"

"Leclerc? where the fuck is Carlos?"

"Hello Alaina, it is so lovely to hear from you. You know what, I've actually been good lately. Thank you for asking. How are you?"

"I don't have time for you stupid games! I really REALLY need to speak to Carlos right now. My whole life depends on him." God I hate begging but this dumbass doesn't not understand the urgency of this, or the privacy of someone else phone.

"You see, he came over a few hours ago and he forgot his phone. Surprised he hasn't realized he doesn't have it." Dumbass. "I figured the call was urgent given the amount of times you have called them and the amount of voicemails you have left him."

"Did you hear any of the voicemails?"

"I was tempted but no, not my phone."

"Exactly, so now give it its respectful owner."

"Like I said, Alaina. The rightful owner is not here, but I am more than happy to help you."

"No."

"No?"

"Yes, no."

"Yes or no?"

"No. Don't you understand what N-O spells, Leclerc?"

"No." The purest of dumbasses.

"Bye-"

"No, no, wait! I'm being serious, I can help. No judgment."

"With the most amount of disrespect, you are the last person I would go to for help." He deserves that.

"Ok. But seeing as you won't get ahold of Carlos anytime soon, might as well vent out now."

"Tempting, but no," God, this douchebag can be really annoying. I've always hated that about him.

"Let me guess. Given that you are in Miami right now, this has something to do with Blanc."

"How do you know I'm in Miami?"

"Grace." What the hell Grace? I love you, but come on. "What did he do?"

"He didn't do anything."

"Yes he did, or else you would've not asked how I knew you were in Miami as the first question and immediately deny this whole urgency having to do with Blanc."

"You've dated before, right?" Dear God, this should be the last person I come to.

"Yes, why?"

"And you've met the parentals?" Lord give me strength.

"Yes."

"What do you do?"

"What do I do?"

"Yes, Leclerc. What do you do when you meet them?"

"We'll I just introduce myself to them- He asked you to meet his parents?"

"He said his family, so I'm guessing that includes his parents."

"Are you even serious with this guy, Alaina?"

"We've been going out for about a month-"

"I know it's been a month, Alaina. I was there the first day. But are you serious about dating him?"

"Yes, I am." I am?

"Call Max or Carlos, I can't help you."

"I called Max but he wont answer either and you have Carlos's phone-" What the fuck? He hung up on me.

The one time I trust myself to talk to him, out of free will, and he hangs up. What a douchebag. I don't think I've ever met such a douche.