Home

"I'm ready," I said, looking out the car window, we had been parked for the past hour. He had been patient, he promised he would and he was keeping that promise. Without another word, he made his way out of the car opening the door for me, taking my hand to help me out. Making a short walk to the tombstone Charles never let go of my hand, I felt him squeeze it the way he had done at brunch with his family. Reaching his tombstone, I let go of Charles's hand, kneeling down and placing a kiss on his tombstone. "Hi Juju," I whispered, feeling the tears come once again. "I miss you, a lot. More than you could ever imagine. But I have your godson helping me out," turning to look at Charles he sent me a soft small along with a wink. "I really wish you were here with Papa though. You really should have been here racing with us. But I know you guys are watching and cheering from up there, my star," placing another kiss on the tombstone I held my hand out to Charles, bringing him to sit next to me. Leaning my head on his shoulder we stayed with Jules till the sunset.

~

Pulling up to my driveway I thanked Charles saying goodbye before making my way to the porch. Looking around my house I suddenly realized how empty and lonely it felt. The walls felt bland, the light of the night sky made it dark and depressing. He was the light. It was missing him. Turning back I saw Charles looking through his front view mirror, eyebrows knitted together.

Realizing I wasn't going inside he turned off his car and quickly made his way out. Standing in front of his car, he asked, "Valentine, are you okay? What's wrong?"

"You said it was our home."

Running up to me he quickly engulfed me in a hug before grabbing my hand and leading us into our home. Making our way into the bedroom I went into the bathroom and quickly changed. Making my way back into the bedroom I found Charles already laying on the bed. "I need to bring my clothes over tomorrow because this is the last change of clothes I have here."

Crawling into the bed, I sat crisscrossed, "I was thinking," I began, playing with his hand. "What if you moved in?"Officially. You can sleep in here or in Jules' old bedroom, whichever you like." Noticing his silence I quickly added, looking down at our hands, "Or you can say no. I know this sounds stupid. You know what, forget I said that. It is stupid."

"Valentine," Charles stopped me, placing his hands on my cheeks, making me look up at him. "It's our home," he whispered, a soft smile on his face.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, closing my eyes and leaning into his touch. "You are prohibited from cooking though."

Laughing in agreement we both made ourselves comfortable in our home. It felt good having someone again. Jules was the last person to ever sleep here. Carlos, Max, Pierre, Daniel, or Lando never slept over. If anything I slept over at theirs. But here I am, opening the doors to the person who this place has always been his home.

Now it felt like home. Because regardless of its consisting of four walls it had always consisted of, it was missing its heart. He is the heart and soul of this house. He is my home.