Time

As my rookie year was coming to an end the grand prix I had been looking forward to for years was on its way. Keeping my winning streak in the Mexican GP, we were now headed to the Brazilian GP. Papa's homeland.

"How are you feeling?" Charles asked. We were on the plane heading to Brazil.

"I'm doing well, you?" I asked him, never looking at him.

"Preziosa, what's wrong?" he asked, sitting the edge of his seat so he could place his hand on my knee.

"I haven't gone back since he passed away," I admitted. "We would go every year during the summer break. I have called every once in a while to check up on how the house we have here is doing if it needed any repairs but I haven't dared come here."

"We'll take it just like Jules," he assured. "Easy and slow, okay?"

Nodding my head, he pulled me into his lap and embraced me in a warm hug. I must have fallen asleep because next thing I know he was waking me up telling me that we were about to land.

~

Charles said the best option for us would be if we stayed in Papa's and I'd house rather than the hotel. Pulling into the driveway we were greeted by the main housekeeper, Harry. Papa had hired him from London spring after he visited some friends out there. Harry and Papa instantly clicked as had been Papa's right hand here.

"Miss Senna, lovely to have you around once again. It has been some time since you left."

"Alaina, Harry. No Miss Senna," I corrected him, immediately going in for a hug.

"Of course, Alaina. And who is this fine gentleman?"

"This is Charles Leclerc, my boyfriend."

"Pleasure, sir," Charles greeted.

"Please Mr. Leclerc, call me Harry."

"Okay, but call me Charles, Leclerc brings back some memories," Charles said as he looked at me.

"Will do, Mr. Charles. I will leave you both alone to get comfortable, your bags will be in shortly."

As soon as Harry was out of earshot Charles immediately said, "A whole butler, Valentine. You have a whole butler?!"

"He's not a butler. Well technically Papa hired him as a butler but he became part of the family," I laughed.

"Still a butler." Turning to look at the house he looked back at me. "Slow and steady, just like Jules okay?"

Nodding my head he immediately grabbed my hand and led me into the place that used to feel like home. Walking into the foyer his smell instantly hit me and I felt him once again. His laughter filled the empty yet full house. His presence everlasting. He was here. Charles was here. I was here.

Bringing me into his arms, I immediately broke down. Everything that I had not cried for Papa was pouring out. Time had done its deed and my healing was now being fulfilled. Charles had promised me to help me heal and he had proven to do just that. In my life of chaos and pain he was was my peace and light.

"I got you, preziosa. I got you."

~

We are coming close to the end, only a few more chapters to go!