Too Good

Our holiday came to an end and it was eventful, to say the least. Charles and I decided to head out of Monaco for a week and a half before returning back to Monaco to spend that last week and a half with his family. I truly did miss spending this much time with them but I will say it was harder this time.

I had to constantly remind Charles that we could not let anyone know about our relationship, not even his family. Not until he made it official, he kept on saying it he was planning it. But Charles has never been the greatest at planning.

Now as we are headed to the Belgian GP F1 news has been nothing but Ferrari's drivers holiday. More specifically how they were never seen apart.

"This is great!" Mattia's said as Charles, his manager, my manager, and I all were seated for an early meeting. "No more hate, nothing but Ferrari love!"

"Exclusively as teammates," I reassured. It had been difficult to keep the media from believing our relationship was nothing but platonic or work related. Especially with the drastic change of heart between Charles and I.

"Exclusively," Charles repeated, a smirk evident on his face as he held eye contact with me. I quickly turned away from him, knowing the affect he had on me. You're not helping Charles.

"Great! So we will hold a press conference were you will clarify all this to the media," Mattia's stated before he headed out the door.

"This is good, but it's getting too good," Charles manager said once the door closed completely.

"Too good?" Charles asked, the smirk that he had held quickly disappearing.

"No teammates have reconciled so quickly," his manager explained.

"So what? We are the first," I rebutted, trying my best to make sense of the situation.

"Sure but you are the first female and male teammates that have reconciled quickly. You understand the impression people are getting," my manager continued.

Unbelievable. Even if there wasn't anything going on between Charles and I why should that matter.

"So just because she's a woman this makes the situation much worse?" Charles defended.

"That is exactly why," Charles' manager answered bluntly.

"Bullshit," I whispered angrily, storming out the room and heading out of the building.

"Valentine! Valentine!" I heard Charles call after me but I was too riled up to stop walking. "Valentine, stop!" Charles said, grabbing my wrist and turning me around. "I am so sorry."

"Why the hell are you apologizing?" I shouted, frustrated and confused with the whole situation. "You shouldn't be apologizing, they should."

I hadn't noticed the tears that were streaming down my face, but I felt Charles thumbs wipe them off my cheeks. Leaning my face into his palms I closed my eyes.

"Breathe, Valentine," Charles whispered. "I am here. I'm right here."

My breaths became steady and my heart rate slowed down, allowing me to open my eyes. You're too good to me, Charles.

"Should we go bother the guys? I bet you a cup of coffee they are not awake yet," Charles betted, his infamous smirk makes its way out.

"My bets on everyone but Max, he's probably been up since 6," I smiled as I looked up at Charles.