Shiver

Following all the celebrations and procedures after the race, Charles and I headed to our driver rooms, "I'll meet you in the lobby in about an hour?"

"I'm driving," Charles responded as he placed his hand on his doorknob.

Nodding my head, I opened my drivers room and headed inside with a smile plastered on my face. Everything was going perfectly, life seemed to be falling into place. My career was kicking off and heading towards its peak and my relationship with Charles seemed to be going back to how it was. I really did miss him. "Chris?" my smile fell slightly.

Sitting on my couch, leaning back he had his arms crossed across his chest. "We need to talk."

"Ok, but I really do want to get out of this sticky ass suit. Can I do that first?"

"How could you stand me up with my parents like this today?" He asked completely ignoring my question.

"I told you, I had a meeting and it took longer than it should-"

"I had everything planned out," he stood up, clearly frustrated. "You told me you had cleared your schedule so we could be with my parents."

"Christopher, I did. But things came up-"

"I already heard you!" he raised his voice, taking a step towards me.

"Then why are you still bringing it up!" I said, raising my voice and taking a step forward the same way he had. I have never been in a relationship, but I know damn well this is not the way one should be. It scared me the way he was acting, but I wasn't going to let him see that.

"Because you-!"

Christopher was cut off by someone entering the room, "Everything alright, Valentine?"

Thank God. "Yes, we're fine Charles."

"How'd you get back here, mate?" Charles question, slightly going in between Christopher and I.

"I came to talk to my girlfriend," Christopher answered bluntly.

Turning to look at me, Charles's face went slightly pale, I felt his guard go down. His shoulders slightly dropped as his eyebrows knitted together. What the fuck? Girlfriend? "I'll be outside," Charles said as he turned to the door. "Just so you know mate, these walls are pretty thin."

After Charles closed the door, Christopher looked down at me, his eyebrows knitted together the same way Charles had his, "Valentine? I thought your name was Alaina?"

"It is, but no one calls me Valentine."

"Then how come he does?" Christopher asked, clearly even more offended than before.

"Because of our image."

"Image? What the hell does that even mean?"

"Management wants us to act as teammates. We can't have the media see that we hate each other. One bad move or comment to each other and our sponsors can leave us and Ferrari's reputation is completely gone. The team cannot afford that."

This wasn't a lie. The first few races were a complete mess for management. We were called into a meeting and they told us that if we didn't show "chemistry" or even the slightest bit of liking for each other the media would eat us up. And it already was but I couldn't afford gaining a bad image. We were teammates and we had to act like ones.

"Well, I like the way Valentine sounds," Christopher said, his voice softening as he placed his hands on my cheek. His touch felt cold against my skin. A shiver grew on my body.

"I really don't like it." Lie. "Alaina sounds more badass." Does it really? Giving me a kiss on the lips he began to head for the door. "What did you mean by girlfriend?"

Turning to look at me, he just smiled and said, "We'll talk about tomorrow at dinner, ok?" Nodding my head I watched as he walked out the door.

Not even two minutes after he left Charles came barging into the door again, "You know there is something called knocking right?"

"Are you ok? Did he touch you?" he quickly asked, grabbing my shoulders and looking me up and down trying to find any visible injuries. Even through my suit his touch felt warm and welcoming. All the shivers that had aroused before disappeared.

"No, he didn't touch me. I'm fine," I laughed.

Tilting his head, his eyes softened. Those eyes. I missed those eyes. "Why are you laughing?"

"Why are you panicking?" I laughed again. "He was just annoyed that I sort of stood him and his parents up because I was with you." Of course, he doesn't know I was with you alone in here.

"He shouldn't talk to you like that. No one should."

"He doesn't. This is the first time he's gotten like that. He was probably frustrated with the way his games turned out. Pretty big loss for the team."

"Valentine."

"Charles." Tilting his head, I mirrored his action. I knew what he was thinking. But he was wrong about Christopher. He is a nice guy. He wouldn't hurt me. "Can I change so I can go shower and get ready? I'm starving."

"I'll see you in the lobby."

Heading out the door, I sighed taking my suit off. It felt nice getting out of it. But the whole time I couldn't help but think about the way Christopher easily got aggravated and quickly softened up. And not only that. Girlfriend? There is no way he would be asking me to be his girlfriend. We barely knew the basics each other. My full name being a prime example. He only knew me as Alaina Senna, daughter of Ayrton Senna, F1 first female driver.

I was more than that. And other people more important knew who I was.