Brunch

"Alaina!"

"Arthur!" Running up to me, Arthur immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up, and twirled us around.

"Arthur, put her down before you drop her," Charles said as he stood beside us. "She's precious cargo."

Arthur brought me down and I turned to look at him, a smile was evident on his face and I felt one creeping up my face.

"Alaina, darling," I turned to find Pascale coming up to us with Lorenzo beside her. "How have you been?" she asked as she brought me into a hug.

"I've been doing good, I missed you, Mama." When I first met her she took me in as one of her own. She told me that I would be the mother she never had, so it was nice having her back after not seeing her for so long.

"I missed you more, amor."

"Alaina, it's been some time," Lorenzo said, bringing me into a hug as well and kissing me on the forehead. Since Jules had been super close to the Leclerc family, especially Lorenzo, he sort of took me in as the little sister he never had.

"Yeah, it has. I truly missed you all."

"Charles is to blame," Arthur spoke up, shrugging his shoulders.

"Arthur!" Pascale scolded him.

"We are all together, that's all that matters," I said, trying to make Charles feel better. He clearly felt bad keeping us all separated. We had talked about that as we were on our way to brunch. He truly hated that he made his family lie to me, but I told him that he had done what he thought was correct at the time.

Sitting in the little restaurant Charles had picked out I was sat between Charles and Arthur with Pascale and Lorenzo across from us. "We have been seeing all your races, and you truly are remarkable Alaina," Pascale said.

"Thank you, I owe it all to Papa and Jules. They taught me everything they knew." Under the table, I felt Charles grab my hand caressing my knuckles.

"I have a bet with a few guys from F2 that you will win the championship," Arthur said.

"If you do, you would be the first rookie to do so in all of history," Arthur butted in.

"Not to mention, but also you are also the first female in the history of F1," Mama continued.

"She already made history with that, plus she won her first grand prix. She's made history twice already," Charles continued.

"Thank you all, but we are still at the beginning of the season. Anything can happen."

"Valentine," Charles said. "We all know you are the best on the grid. Even you know it."

"I will try my best for you, Arthur, so you can win your bet."

"I already know I won it, don't worry, Alaina," Arthur shrugged. It was nice knowing they believed in me so much. They had become my family after I had met Charles and Papa had passed away. Knowing that they still cared and believed so much about me truly meant a lot.

As brunch went on, Charles and I never let go of holding each other's hand. Every so often I would feel him rub my knuckles as a sign to say he was there. It was comforting and natural.