Eyes

Charles POV:

"Mate, if there is nothing already going on between you and Alaina, she is going to know you want her," Carlos said as he stood around the dance floor. She has only danced with Pierre this whole night, and I can not say I am not pissed. But we promised we would keep it discreet.

"There is nothing going on between us. She's just Valentine," I said, not being able to turn to look at Carlos. She held this spell on me that I could only look at her. She was the only person I could ever look at.

"Your guys' eyes tell me otherwise," he simply responded.

"What?" this made me turn to look at him.

"The eyes, chico. They never lie," he explained. "Your eyes have a glow to them. You don't even look at your car or any trophy like that. And she has never looked at anyone or anything like that. You know how much she loves the stars, right?"

"Yes, everyone knows that," I responded. It was obvious she loved the stars. That's like Valentine 101.

"No one knows why," I do. "But she loves you more than all the stars combined."

"How do you know?" my eyebrows scrunched. Had Valentine been talking to him about us?

"I'm telling you. It's the eyes. They never lie," he laughed. "She is glowing. I mean, look at her. When have you ever seen her like this?" We both turned to look at her. She was laughing at something Pierre had done. She looked surreal. "I remember how she would look at her father and Jules. It can not even compare to how she looks at you."

Did she really love me that much? Has she always? How could I be so blind to her love?

"But I mean, that's just my observation, mate. Do what you wish with that," he said as he patted my shoulder before heading to the bar.

~

Alaina's POV:

"Charles!" I cheered as I saw him make his way to Pierre and me.

"Thank God you came, mate," Pierre said, clearly exhausted from all the dancing. "I need a drink and to rest my feet." Pierre patted Charles on the shoulder before I saw him make his way to the bar.

Turning to look back at Charles, I continued to dance, but he just looked at me. "You are not drunk, are you?"

"No, why?"

"Come on, let's get out here," I said before I pulled him out of the club.

"Where are we going?" Charles asked, a laugh escaping his lips. God, I love his laugh.

"I want to look at the stars." Running to the hotel, we made our way to the rooftop. There were sunbathing chairs. Making our way to them, Charles brought his closer to mine. "You know what I love about Monaco?" he hummed in response as I looked up at the stars. "That even though there are so many city lights, the stars are more evident than anywhere I have been. These stars are bright, but not as bright as the ones at home."

Turning to look at him, he was looking at me, with a sky full of stars on top of us he looked at me. "Can you say it again?"

A soft smile grew on his face before he caressed my face, "I love you, Valentine."

Looking back and forth between his eyes, I saw the stars and everything I had ever wanted in them. "I love you, Charles." his smile grew much bigger.

"Say it again, please."

"I love you. I love you more than the stars above us. I love you." his smile grew even bigger, if that was even physically possible before he brought me in for a kiss.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you," he said in between every kiss. "God, you are just making this much harder, Valentine."

"You are not helping either," I laughed as he brought me into his lap. "I think Carlos is getting suspicious about us, so we need to be more careful."

"Did he tell you something tonight, too?" Charles asked me.

"'Too?' Did he tell you something?"

"From what I got, we basically need to wear sunglasses around him," he responded as he began to play with the bracelets on my wrist.

"Sunglasses? Why?"

"He said we both have a glow to our eyes when we look at each other. His precise words were, 'The eyes, chico. They never lie,'" Charles said in the worst Carlos accent I have ever heard.

Letting out a laugh, I hid myself in his chest, "You can not do a Carlos accent to save your life. But he's not wrong. Your eyes say everything your mouth doesn't."

"You sure about that?" he smirked.

"Nasty!" I laughed again as I playfully slapped his chest.

"I'm not the only one with cooing eyes. You are much more evident, Valentine."

"Fine, we'll wear sunglasses."