Gift

Looking down at five pregnancy test that laid on the bathroom counter top they all marked the same blue crosses. Holy shit. Charles and I were pregnant.

Charles and I had gotten married a week after the 2022 season ended. We had gone to our honeymoon that same night. So a month later, on Christmas Eve, I consequently find out we're pregnant. That explains the constant nausea. Hiding the pregnancy test in a cabinet, I make my way out of the restroom and look for my phone.

~

"Valentine Alaina Senna Perceval Leclerc!" Charles voice rang through our home.

I was currently sitting on the couch with a small box sitting in front of me. I had made multiple calls to Mattia's, my manager, and my team telling them that I would not be able to come back to race for the 2023 season. I did not explain why, telling them that I would explain everything to them once I told Charles first.

Giving his reaction in guessing he found out.

"Why the hell is Andrea telling me you are not coming back next season?! And not just him but Nicolas too?!" He shouted rather frustrated as he made his way to the living room.

"Sit down," I told him, calmly.

"SIT DOWN?!" Charles shrieked pacing back and forth. "YOU WANT ME TO SIT DOWN?!"

"Yes, Charles," I told, still remaining calm.

"NO YOU SIT DOWN! WHY ARE YOU NOT COMING BACK?! HUH?!!" Charles shouted, even more frustrated with my lack of response.

"BECAUSE WE'RE PREGNANT!" I shouted, finally grabbing his attention as he sat quickly stopped in his tracks.

"What?" He asked quietly, slowly turning his body to me.

"Sit down," I told him calmly, once again. I watched as he slowly but surely sat down on the couch, not breaking eye contact. Not even blinking as a matter of fact, his jaw remained hanging. "Open," I told him as I handed him the small red box with a red satin bow.

Looking down at the box, Charles cautiously grabbed the box, untied the bow and took off the lid. Looking at the positive pregnancy test his eyes welled up with tears.

Carefully grabbing the test he looked up at me with pure joy, "Really?"

Nodding my head, I placed my hand over my mouth as I teared up with him.

"We're going to be parents?" Nodding my head in response he added, "You're going to be a mama? I'm going to be a papa? WE'RE GOING TO BE MAMA AND PAPA!" He laughed falling to his knees in between my legs, holding me tightly as he placed his head on my stomach.

Caressing his hair, I laughed with him, "Happy belated birthday gift."

~

It had been about 7 weeks since I had told Charles we were pregnant. We had gone to numerous doctor's appointments to check up on our baby. But this check up was extra special, we were going to find out the gender.

"What if it's a boy?" I asked, as Charles drove us to the doctor's office. We had been talking about names for our baby. Still not completely sure what to name him or her.

"Ayrton Jules Leclerc Senna or Jules Artyon Leclerc Senna. Which one has a better ring to it? Should we add the Herve Perceval in there?" He asked. "Or we can put your last name first and then my? Whichever you prefer."

Laughing at his suggestion Charles sparked the car, opened my door and we made our way into the office. My baby bump had started to show ever so slightly. It just looked like I was really bloated.

Laying on the bed the doctor put the gel on my stomach and began the ultrasound. "So we're finding out the gender today, right mama and papa?"

"Yes," Charles and I both answered simultaneously.

"Ok, so it looks like you will be having- oh my," the doctor gasped.

"'Oh my' what?" Charles asked, grabbing onto my hand as he tried to understand what the ultrasound was showing.

"Do twins run in your families?" The doctor asked, as she smiled at us.

"What?" Charles and I questioned.

"Congratulations, you're having twins!"

"What?!" We repeated again.

"Looks like baby brother was hiding his other baby brother," the doctor laughed.

"Brothers?!" I asked, sitting up on the bed, turning to look at Charles who was fixated on the screen.

"Twin boys?!" He asked, looking down at me.

"Yeah," the doctor laughed.

"How is that possible?" I questioned, still trying to comprehend what was happening.

"It's quite common for one fetus to hide the other, once they get bigger it's easier to spot them."

"Dear god," Charles said, sitting down slowly, not letting go of my hand.

"I would start thinking of names," the doctor said, as she wiped the gel off my stomach.

"We have them," Charles smiled, looking at me with the biggest smile.

"Ayrton and Jules Herve Perceval Leclerc Senna."