Wish

Th rest of Charles' birthday week was eventful and quite memorable. I took him skydiving, and then we spent about two days with his mom and brothers. I planned a surprise party for him on Saturday. Today was his actual birthday. Since I had nothing planned for that actual day, I left it all to him.

From all the excitement of his birthday, I woke up extra early to make a quick run to the bakery nearby. Making my way back to the house and to the bedroom, Charles was still asleep. Lighting up the candle on the cake, I sang, "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, mi vita. Happy birthday to you."

"Preziosa," he smiled, still half asleep. "Thank you, thank you."

Taking the small cake from the nightstand, he sat up slightly on the bed and tapped on his lap, signaling me to sit on his lap. Complying with his command, I sat on his lap, "Make a wish."

Looking at me, he smirked and blew the candle, never breaking eye contact. "You better make it come true."

"Me? How am I supposed to do that if I don't even know what it is," I laughed, placing the cake on the nightstand. Just as Charles was about to respond, I clapped back, "And you can't say what it is because then the wish will never come true."

"Fine, fine," Charles said, rolling his eyes as he placed his hands on my thighs. "So, what do you have planned out for today?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing." Clearly confused by my response, I began to explain to him, "This whole week, I have planned it out for you, not really letting you choose what you want to do. So I thought I would let you choose today."

"Really?" Charles asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Really!" I laughed. "So what do you want to do?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing," he smiled. "We've done everything this whole week. I kind of just want to stay home all day and relax with you."

"You cheesy bastard!" I teased him, slapping his chest jokingly.

"You love it! Don't deny it."

"I love you," I laughed.

"I love you."

~

The whole day was spent at home just as he wished. We made breakfast together. Even though it was mainly me doing the work, he just cleaned and served. Then he wanted to help me with my garden, making sure everything was flourishing how it was supposed to. We came in, and he played the piano for me, and I ended up falling asleep, only to wake up with him asleep with me. We decided to make dinner, which once again was just me doing most of the cooking as he cleaned and served. And now here we were, lying on our rooftop, looking at the stars like we do every night.

"Do you want kids?" He asked.

"Of course, do you?"

"Always have."

"How many?"

"How many do you want to have? You're the one who will be enduring all the pain. My job is the easiest."

Laughing at his answer, I already knew the answer, but I was terrified to see his reaction. "Four would be perfect?"

"Four is perfect," he responded, kissing my head.

"Would you want to have them soon?"

"You are at the beginning and height of your career. I wouldn't do that to you."

"Answer the question, Charlie."

Sighing, he said, "I would if I could. But like I said, I would never do that to you."

Smiling at his response, I sat up and looked at him, "Was that your birthday wish?"

"What?" he laughed nervously.

"Having babies, was that your birthday wish?"

"You said I couldn't say what it was! Why are you saying it?!" He yelped, sitting up rather quickly.

"CHARLIE!"