Was

Sitting in my car on the grid I waited as all the mechanics were finishing up the last touches before the race began. I had gotten pole position once again in Papa's homeland. Closing my eyes for a brief moment I heard the all too familiar voice through my radio.

"Preziosa, you there?"

"Charlie," I sighed, smiling through my helmet.

"To the end?" he asked.

"To the end," I responded. This had become a tradition of ours ever since the race he crashed. Most would think it was a bad charm or something, but for us it wasn't. It was ours. It was a way of promising each other we would make it to the end together. Always.

~

"Where's Charlie?" I asked through my radio.

"0.8 seconds behind you. Focus on finishing the race, Alaina. You need this last lap and the win is yours."

Rounding the last two corners I watched through my mirrors as Charles raised his fist in the air in celebration. I had won Papa's home race. I had made him and his country proud. "Give me the flag," I told my racing engineer as I brought my car closer to the fence where all the mechanics were cheering me on. Grabbing the Brazilian flag I lifted it above my head as I took my victory lap.

"Alaina Senna has done yet again," the announcer cheered. "Some might say, 'Just like her father.' But although her father is an all time great. Miss Alaina Senna is The Great."

Papa was right. I become greater than him. As devastating as it may sound, it was bound to happen. He taught me everything I needed to know about driving. Jules told me everything he knew about driving. Them two combined brought me here. It was all a matter of time on when I took that title of being 'The Great.'

I won't deny and I say I wasn't the daughter of Ayrton Senna. Ferrari's little experiment. Or Formula 1's first female driver. But to other people I was much more than that.

To the world I was Valentine Alaina 'The Great' Senna.

To Lando, Pierre, and Daniel I was a friend.

To Max and Carlos I was a sister.

To Jules I was a goddaughter.

To Papa I was a daughter.

To Charles I was his everything.

To Charles I was his whole life.

To Charles I was his star.

~

The next chapter is the finale follows by and epilogue!

These following chapters will be out before Christmas Eve!

So on that note...

Happy Holidays! Blessings and joy to all of you and your families!