Star

Heading back to our garage Charles had his hand over my shoulder as my own hand wrapped around his waist. "So, Charles, where are we going tonight?"

"I was thinking of hitting up every bar in town," he smirked. I hated celebrating after a race. I was always exhausted and wanted nothing but to be in bed reviewing any little mistakes I may have done during the race. But tonight was special. Charles had won his home race and I wanted to be there with him.

~

A knock on my door was heard as I finished putting on my earrings. I was wearing a simple black dress that somewhat complimented my curves, my hair was down and I honestly felt hot. Opening the door I knew Charles would be standing there but I did not expect to be wearing the same color and fabric as me. "Nope, you have to change."

"What?! Why?!" He exclaimed as he made his way through the door.

"We cannot be matching again. Especially not tonight," I nodded my head in disapproval, walking away from him and grabbing my shoes from the floor.

"It was unintentional. What's so wrong either way?"

"We look like a couple, Charles."

"What's wrong with that?" He shrugged. Looking up at him from the couch I tilted my head as I scolded him.

"Did you pre-game before this?"

"Yeah, with Gasly. He is the car," he admitted as he looked me up and down.

"How about we start hitting those clubs," I pushed him out the door, clearly not understanding what he meant by his little comment.

"Alainaaa!" Pierre sang as he stuck his head out the window. "You look stunning ma fille préférée!" [My favorite girl.]

"You are shitfaced already, Pierre."

"It's Monaco, darling!"

~

Making our way to the first bar almost every driver was already there. Charles made his grand entrance as everyone cheered him on. He danced his way through the crowd, greeting people on the way.

I made my way to the bar since I needed to loosen up. From the bar, I noticed a girl clearly flirting with Charles. There was no need for her to be that close to him. There is plenty of space around them. "You are going to cut yourself." Looking to my left I found Carlos standing beside me.

"What?"

"You are gripping the glass pretty tightly," he pointed out as he looked down at the glass cup I had in my hand. Which was going even paler from the grip. "You know he only has eyes for you, right?"

"What?" I repeated.

"Charles is madly in love with you. In the two years of being his teammate you're practically all he brought up. 'Alaina this' 'Alaina that'" looking at him he was looking at Charles. I knew Carlos wasn't lying, he never does. "If you're worried that he's not into you, trust me, he is." Looking back at Charles my head titled slightly. I believe Carlos, but what about him? Charles hasn't said anything that proves that. "And from what I have seen. You are clearly in love with him."

"What makes you say that?" I questioned.

"Many things, but today proved it all. You clearly let him pass you," Did I really make it that obvious? "Only love makes you that crazy. But I'm not going to say anymore because if not this will count as cheating. Meaning I could lose."

"Cheating? Lose? What are you talking about?"

"You'll find out later, go get your man," Carlos smirked as he made his way back through the crowd.

Was Charles really in love with me? There was no way he was. Sure he loved me because I honestly really loved him. But was he in love with me? I know I was. Nothing about him was imperfect. And if he did have an imperfection it only made him even more perfect. I could find no fault in him. He was everything I longed for and more. But did he feel the same about me? Regardless, out of every star in my whole sky, he was my star. He was the one I had chosen, and even if he didn't choose me I would be fine with that. Because at least I was part of his sky in one way or another.