ᐯꀤ

You didn't know why, but you had woken up. It was currently 3:08AM and you were sleeping next to Gracie who was curled up on the other end of the bed.

You were thinking over everything that had happened today... well yesterday. And it all just seemed so unreal. You were scared it was all one big dream.

"Gracie" you whispered, shaking her gently. You didn't want to be alone with your thoughts.

"Hm?" The girl said sleepily, turning over to face you.

"Can you hold me"

"Of course baby come here" she said, putting her arm over your waist and resting her face into your neck.

"Why you awake?" She asked.

"I just woke up for some reason. I guess a part of me just wanted to know this was actually real" you sighed, holding her hand tightly.

There was silence for a few seconds before the brunette got up from the bed.

"Come on, let's go into the kitchen and talk. I know how much you worry." She said, pulling you up and leading you to the kitchen.

You poured yourself a glass of water and sat down on a stool.

"Talk to me y/n" Gracie said, squeezing your hand as she looked at you.

You took a while to put your thoughts into words.

"I just can't believe I finally have you back. I feel like the universe is playing some joke on me" you said, moving your hand away from hers.

Gracie stayed silent, walking behind you and wrapping her arms securely around your waist.

"There's no joke honey. I'm real and I'm here to stay, okay?" The brunette mumbled into your neck.

"I love you" you whispered.

"And I love you too. And that's why I want to do this..." Gracie said. Taking out something from her pocket and getting slowly down on one knee.

You didn't have time to process it. You were in total shock.

"Marry me. There's not a day on this earth that I want to spend with anyone else. These last 4 months have made me realise how madly in love with you I am. I know proposing at 3AM isn't exactly the most romantic setting... but oh well it will have to do." The brunette said, holding out the ring.

You couldn't move. You were in total shock.

"Is this- is this a joke?" You spluttered, not knowing how to react. How was this happening? Were you dreaming?

But Gracie laughed.

"Nope I think this ring is pretty real" she said.

"Oh my god" you said, putting your hands over your mouth. She was being serious.

"Is that a yes... sorry I can't tell by your expression" Gracie asked worriedly.

You walked over to her and pulled her up.

"You really are something. You know that right?" You said, holding her face with your hands.

Gracie smiled.

"I'd kiss you, but I kind of need to know the answer first-"

"Gracie Madigan Abrams. I would love nothing more than to marry you. But isn't 18 too young?"

"I did think that. But we don't have to get married just yet. We could be engaged until you're 19 and then do it for real?" She suggested.

You thought for a second. That was actually a really good plan.