ᐯꀤꀤ

The rest of the day was great, Gracie took you to your favourite ice cream place. And after, you went trying on clothes at thrift stores. All was good, and you were finally settling down for a relaxing night.

"I can't find my toothbrush" the brunette sighed.

"Toothbrush?"

"Yeah the one I always left here... I'm assuming you chucked it months ago" she laughed, scratching her neck.

"Oh, yeah I did. Just use mine I don't mind" you said, flicking through a magazine while you lay on the bed.

You expected Gracie to pull a face, but instead she thanked you and started using it with no problems.

A few minutes later, the brunette had her head resting on your chest, holding onto you tightly. You were running your hand through her hair and playing with her bracelet.

"I don't know if this is weird. But I'm already thinking about the vows I'm going to say" the girl said quietly.

"It's not weird. I'm thinking the same to be honest" you replied.

You looked at the time, it was getting quite late.

"Let's get some sleep, okay?" You said, Gracie nodding as she changed her position.

You turned over to face the window. It's not that you wanted to face away from the girl, you just had this thing about lying a certain way.

But Gracie knew this, and put her arm around your waist. Snuggling up to you.

"Goodnight I love you" she said, kissing the side of your head.

"I love you too, sleep well honey"

Morning

You woke up to the sun shining into your room. You were about to reach for your phone, before you quickly checked that Gracie was still there next to you. She was. Sleeping on the other end of the bed.

You knew you had to get up, you had promised your family a FaceTime in about an hour. You did them weekly. That was one of the terms of moving so far away from them. Gracie knew this.

You shook Gracie gently and gave her soft kisses all over her face.

"Morning princess, we need to get up now, okay?" You said.

But Gracie didn't move. She just seemed to sigh.

"It's okay. FaceTime your family without me. I just need to stay here for a little" she said hoarsely.

"Are you okay?" You asked, stroking her face gently.

"I'll be okay I promise" the brunette whispered, sinking further into the blanket.

You knew something was wrong. Gracie always used to get off days. It was just something she got, and you had always accepted that. But you didn't have her medication, it was at her house.

You crawled onto the bed, picking the girl up slowly and dropping her in between your legs.

"Stop" she said defensively.

"You're having a bad day aren't you" you said, not really asking. While running your hand through her hair, kissing her temple lightly.

"No" she said defeated.

"It's okay I'm here. Okay?" You whispered, rubbing her back gently.

"Go away"

"No I'm staying right here. I know how you work. You don't want me to go." you mumbled, holding onto her tightly.

"You need to FaceTime your family" she said firmly.

"They can wait" you said, turning on the flatscreen in your bedroom.

"Now, what would you like to watch honey?" You asked, giving her the remote.

She sighed and started scrolling.

"You're so annoying" she moaned.

"I know but you love me" you giggled.

"I can't disagree with that" she said, squeezing your hand.

She settled on Everything Sucks.

After about an hour into watching, you heard your phone buzzing and picked it up.

"It's my family"

"Answer it"

"But I look a mess" you mumbled, running your hand through your knotted hair.

"We both do. Answer the phone" Gracie said, raising her eyebrow at you.

"My family don't know we're back together yet" you said laughing.

"Then what better way to tell them" Gracie chuckled, grabbing your phone and accepting the call. Bringing your mom and dad on the screen.

"Y/n?" Your mom's voice came. Lingering on her words as she analysed the scene in front of her.

"Hey mom, me and Gracie are back together" you said, unloading it all at once.

"Well- I can see that" your mom said, with your dad laughing in the background.

"Hey Gracie" your mom and dad greeted, waving through the screen.

Gracie slowly waved back smiling.

The conversation was nice, you always liked talking to your parents. Even if it was just once a week. You were about to say goodbye to them when your mom shrieked.

"Mom??" You asked quickly.

But she was looking at your hand, more your finger.

"Is that a ring??" She whispered in shock.

"Yes..." you said, not knowing what their reaction would be.

"Gracie proposed to me" you smiled, feeling the brunettes hand grip yours tightly.

"Oh my god honey. This is amazing. When is the wedding?" Your mom gasped.

"We're not having it yet. We're waiting until I'm 19" you laughed, rubbing patterns over Gracie's palm.

"Good choice" your dad said in the background.

"We are SO happy for you. I can't wait" your mom said.

"I can't wait either" you said, looking at Gracie who was already looking directly at you.

"I don't believe in this sort of thing. But you're definitely soul mates" your mom continued, clapping her hands together in excitement.

You smiled. You believed that too. No matter how many times the universe pulled you away from the brunette. You would always find your way back to her.

"Anyways darling we really have to go. We're going to your aunts house and we don't want to be late. But I am so happy for you both. Gracie... look after my daughter?"

"I will, I promise" the brunette said.

Your mom nodded. And then hung up the phone.

You smiled, that had gone better than expected.

"How you feeling love?" You asked the girl, pulling up her t-shirt and tracing patterns up her back.

"I'm feeling a lot better. You're probably the only one that knows how to look after me when I'm like this" she said, relaxing into your chest.

"Because I know you" you said, stroking the hair behind her ear.