XVꀤ

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the late update. School started and personal problems have been an ASS. But I'm back now with this chapter that I hope you enjoy. Updates will be inconsistent unfortunately because of school work. But will happen. So don't worry. Anyways love y'all.

It was a few days after you all got back from Portugal. Everything seemed the usual, well most things. Your house was the same, and the LA beach was still there when you looked out the window.

But Gracie wasn't there.

She had gone completely awol and had took off the day you got back to LAX. You honestly didn't know where she had gone, but you assumed back to her dads house since she wasn't at her apartment.

It wasn't unusual. You knew she had issues and she needed her space sometimes. It was just very sudden the way she grabbed her bags and caught a cab without saying goodbye or anything. Like you expected at least a kiss...

Nonetheless, it was what it was. You'd tried calling her once but it had just gone to voicemail. But you knew she was okay since she posted something on her Instagram story this morning.

You loved her a lot, but sometimes you didn't understand her behaviour. Obviously you wanted to support her, but how to was another matter completely.

Liv had texted this morning, asking if you wanted to come around to her house for a movie night tonight. But you hadn't responded. Everything just felt so dull, and the fact that summer was coming to a close and you still hadn't told Gracie about college was stressing you out.

You didn't even know when the right time to tell her would be. I mean she wasn't even here currently. And you were supposedly heading off to college in about a week.

Could you leave without telling her in person?

No. That would make things worse.

You needed to talk this out with her, meaning... you needed to go around to her dad's house.

1 hour later

It took about an hour to drive to her parent's house. It was in some rural part of California. Most people would assume California is just LA, but it's actually pretty big.

When you arrived you couldn't help but be shocked at the large mansion in front of you. It slipped your mind that Gracie's parents were well known celebrities sometimes, because the brunette always acted so humble.

You went to the gate and pressed the buzzer.

"Hello?" A males voice said into the speaker.

"Hello... I'm here to see Gracie Abrams" you answered.

"Gracie Abrams? Please don't tell me you're another crazed fan." The man breathed into the speaker.

"I swear my own daughter is becoming more known than me" the man continued.

"No-"

"I understand if you're a fan. But you can't just turn up like this-"

"No sir- I'm not a fan"

"Then who are you?" The man questioned, curiosity in his voice.

"I'm Gracie's... friend, y/n" you mumbled, hating referring to the girl as your friend.

The man breathed silently. Pressing the gate open immediately.

"Oh yes, right. Come in" he said, before the speaker silenced.

That was Gracie's dad... her actual dad. You didn't know if Gracie had mentioned you to him so you had decided to keep it brief. But now you were starting to think he knew you weren't just a friend.