XXIV

NOTE: Guys Gracie's new single 'risk' is out tomorrow May 1st so stream it or else 💛

(Fortnite - Taylor Swift)

1 month later

It was 1AM and you had been sat in the club bathroom for over 5 minutes puking. Your head was spinning, and you knew you were fucking your liver up badly. You hadn't been the same after getting off the plane. Charlton had flown back with you, scared you were going to do something if he didn't.

You had ignored him the whole flight back and then lost him in the airport. Then you had blocked Gracie on everything, trashing her number too. The numbness had been a nice thing, but now you had to improvise with alcohol, your new best friend.

You'd rather kill your liver than think about the brunette.

The club music was loud, and you could feel your phone vibrating. You knew it was either Olivia or Charlton. Charlton had told your friends everything, even when you didn't want him to. It made you mad, ending with him getting a clean slap across his face.

Why couldn't you just feel nothing?

A few minutes later you felt like you weren't going to puke anymore and moved your head away from the toilet. You decided to make your way back into the club, opening the bathroom door. Coming face to face with a brunette girl, a cup in her hands as she eyed you down. She was wearing a short white dress and she actually kind of looked pretty.

You smiled, causing her to smile as she excused herself around you.

You let the door close behind you before you made your way towards the club bar. A part of you wanted to start a conversation with the girl if you saw her again, but another part of you was tugging at your broken heart strings. It was almost painful.

That was the sign more alcohol was needed.

You were about to order some shots when you felt someone tap your shoulder. You turned around and came face to face with the girl from before. You put on your best face, trying to smile.

"Hey, what's your name?" The girl asked, sitting on a bar stool next to you.

"Y/n" you replied, asking the bartender to get 4 sets of shots.

"Well y/n you look really good" the girl smirked.

"Thank you, you look pretty hot too" you giggled.

The girl leaned in, going in for a kiss before your hand was roughly snatched and you were pulled towards the exit.

"What the hell" you shouted, seeing a familiar short girl with a seething expression.

"Don't even. Get in the fucking car" Olivia said sternly, throwing you in her Audi A6.

You groaned, your head throbbing as you buckled yourself into the passenger side.

Olivia got in angrily, turning the engine on instantly as she put her foot on the accelerator. Silence filled the car for a few minutes, you couldn't be bothered talking. She wouldn't understand the half of it.

"So. Want to tell me why you ghosted everyone? Including me, your best friend for a solid month. I know you're hurting but don't push me away" the girl said, trying to keep herself calm.

"What's the point giving an update, I'm sure Charlton told you absolutely everything" you answered bitterly, seeing the girls jaw tense.

"Gracie didn't want to hurt you. She was just confused"

You laughed. You had no idea why, but you laughed. It had been weeks since you had heard that name and it still stung so badly.

"I don't care. It was never going to work, things change. Tell her she can go and pawn the ring or something" you muttered.

"Y/n she's the love of your life"

You stayed silent, trying to compile something in your head to say. Nothing came. But every time you tried to block out the girl from your head you could feel her touch on your skin, and it burned like fire.

"I was having fun back there. Don't be such a cockblock" you said.

Olivia huffed.

"Fun? You were drunk off your ass and you were about to sleep with someone you'll regret. I think I saved you from making a big mistake"

"The only mistake I ever made was taking Gracie back" you said as you looked out the window. You felt the brunette tense next to you.

"You've had a lot to drink-"

"Not enough" you said, pulling out your phone.

Olivia knew there was nothing she could say to reach you now so she parked in your drive and then sat in silence.

"Thanks for the drive but next time I'll just call an Uber. Y'know it comes without the judgmental and fun-crashing friend" you laughed, not seeing any reaction out of the brunette before you slammed the door.

You opened your door sluggishly, making your way to your bed. You visibly cringed when you saw Gracie's side of the bed, but tried to shrug it off as you undressed and put on your night clothes.

You were about to put your phone on the side when you saw a text pop up on your phone.

Unknown: hey next time dont leave when a girls trying to kiss u

You raised your eyebrow, texting back.

Y/n: Who is this?

Unknown: oh u know just the cute girl u were talking to

You smirked, needing this distraction.

Y/n: ohhh sorry we got interrupted. why don't u come around to mine right now?

Unknown: sounds good. text me the address ;)

3 hours later

You sighed into your bedsheets. The girl had left shortly after, realising you weren't feeling it at all.

You'd wanted a distraction, but you would be fooling yourself if you said you didn't want Gracie right next to you right now. The feeling of her arms around you would be enough to make even tonight feel better.

But you had to stop, you were drunk and you weren't thinking clearly. But if that was true, why did you think this was the clearest you had been thinking since getting off that plane.

You didn't want to think about this tonight. You turned your phone off and closed your eyes. It was time to sleep.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐓  (gracie abrams x reader) [IN PROGRESS]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara