XV

NOTE: Sorry guys for the late update this is actually a draft I wrote in July. I'm struggling to write stuff because of personal drama right now... but there will be more coming soon.

The rest of the vocation was decent. But you had spent a lot of it reassuring Gracie that you wanted this marriage, which had made things a little awkward. Now it was the morning to finally fly back, and you had considered switching tickets with Conan so you could sit next to Olivia.

"Swap with me, please?" You said, shaking Conan as he rolled his eyes.

"I would but won't Gracie get pissed" he muttered.

"Please it's too awkward for us to be sitting next to each other right now" you pleaded.

The boy finally caved, handing over his ticket.

"Okay, but what do I say to Gracie?"

"Just say that Olivia's having an emergency and I need to sit with her" you said quickly before walking over to the short brunette.

After going through passport control you stood with Olivia, who was biting into her sandwich.

"You know she's going to know you're avoiding her right" the brunette sighed.

You scratched your neck, looking over to Gracie who had just come out of the bathroom.

"I'm aware" you sighed.

"Then just sit next to her seriously y/n. I mean look at that girl." Olivia said, pointing discreetly at the girl who just sat down.

"Or at least talk to her before we board." Liv said, shaking her head as she crumpled the sandwich wrapper.

You cleared your throat and began walking over to the brunette. She noticed you immediately, but kept her headphones on pretending she didn't.

"Hey" you said, sitting down next to her.

But the brunette didn't move. She just kept flicking through songs on Spotify.

You sighed and gently removed her headphones, getting a glare in the process.

"Oh hello, remembered I exist?" she said coldly.

"Gracie" you said. But the girl was already looking around for an escape.

"Gracie-"

"Look, as much as I love you, you clearly don't want to be around me right now so go sit with Olivia" the brunette girl spat.

You shook your head, getting up and walking back to Olivia. Doing a thumbs down. She just rolled her eyes.

A few minutes later it was boarding time. You grabbed your suitcase and made your way into the plane, trying to find Olivia.

But you mentally groaned as you saw Conan and the girl sat together.

Olivia Rodrigo. Fuck you.

That meant that your seat was right next to Gracie.

Ughhhhh

You sat down in the aisle seat. Ignoring Gracie's lingering stare.

A few minutes later, the plane set off and you put on some music through your headphones.

You were halfway through enchanted when you felt someone tug on your sleeve.

"Yeah?" You said, removing your headphones.

"Bathroom" Gracie said with a blank face.

You gave her a "are you serious" stare, before the girl nodded and got up from her seat.

You got up too, making your way over to the bathroom, Olivia and Conan too caught up in a movie they were watching to notice.

As soon as the bathroom door closed, Gracie crossed her arms.

"So?" You said, feeling a little awkward.

"So??" Gracie mimicked.

"Don't be such a child. Why did you bring us into the bathroom. We could've just talked out there" you groaned.

"Me, a child? Have you seen the way you've been acting?" The brunette whisper shouted.

You rolled your eyes and started to unlatch the door. But Gracie pulled you back by your arm.

"You've been weird ever since you came back from that party" Gracie said, her voice faltering a little.

"You can't be serious. How many times have I told you that you're the only one I love Gracie. You're reading into things way too much." You argued back.

This seemed to make the girl even more annoyed.

"Fine. If I'm reading too much into it then fine." She huffed, crossing her arms again.

"Let's not argue 31000 above the ground. We can sort this out later" you said, reaching for the latch again.

But the brunette stopped you, grabbing your waist as you turned around in shock.

She quickly buried her face in your neck.

"I hate fighting with you" she whispered.

You softened at these words and rubbed the girls back.

"I know baby, I know. But let's get through this flight and then we can talk more" you said.

The brunette nodded, giving your lips a small kiss before making her way out of the small lavatory.

A few hours later

The plane was about halfway to LA, and Gracie was sleeping against the window peacefully.

You had offered for her to sleep on you, but she had said shook her head as she didn't want to bother you. But you missed her touch badly.

That moment in the bathroom had made you realise you wouldn't be able to live properly without this girl in your life. Her scent was unique, the way she held you was unique. Everything about her was special.

Your eyes started closing as you felt sleepy. You pulled up the arm rest, and lay on Gracie's chest. Even if it was slightly awkward, you didn't care.

You slowly felt her arms come around you as she started to rub your back. Everything came flooding back, this is why you were marrying this girl. She made you feel safe.

As the plane landed, you felt Gracie give you a kiss on the head. Looking over at Olivia, who had a smug smile on her face as she looked over at you and the brunette.