Arcturus Forest

Only silence replied back.

And it was the only thing that accompanied me for what felt like ages. No sound. No sight. Not even touch. Just pure emptiness.

I couldn't move my body. I remain stuck in place, for my body stiffened like stone. Not that it would matter, for I had nowhere to go. This solitude would drive many mad.

But I heeded the words of the Firekeeper. To wait for when tiny flames danced across the darkness. Her last words to me gave me hope. Hope that a new age of humanity would begin.

But hope can only take one so far. My own was fading, and I was at risk of being a crestfallen warrior.

Was this truly to be my fate? To remain bound to the dark, and never see light once more.

What a pitiful fate. After all I had done...

It was an internal struggle. Two sides flippantly gaining the upper hand on each other sporadically. Which would win? At that moment, I did not know.

I just continued to wait.

And wait.

Just when I felt like giving up, and go Hollow...

I saw a tiny flame in the distance. Followed by several more. I thought it a trick of the darkness, that I had started to hallucinate. But as the flames began to move closer to me, it was clearly no illusion.

And I could feel my hope renewed.

My perseverance has been rewarded.

The Firekeeper's words rang true.

For the first time in ages, I could feel my arms move towards the flames as my hands reached for them. The tiny flames gathered and landed on my palms, allowing me to hold them close.

These were not any normal flames, however. They were white like milk, with a green aura surrounding them. They resembled souls more so than fire.

Yet still were they warm to my touch. Not searing hot. Was this a sign that these flames were of a different era? If so, why was everything still so dark?

Soon, the flames would run along my arms, then my body, and slowly engulf me whole as my body lit aflame. But it wasn't painful. Not in the slightest.

Only a gentle warmth enveloped my body, one that made me feel protected and at ease. A long, drawn-out sigh of relief left my lips. Was this my final death? Or my life about to begin anew?

I would find out soon enough, as my vision was now clouded in white and light green as the darkness vanished...

~~~

I awoke to find myself in a cave, the darkness only slightly illuminated by a light at the end of the tunnel. I struggled for a moment to pick myself back up and rise to my feet. I took a moment to look myself over, seeing that I still had my armor and armaments.

But I had nothing else on my person. Not even my Estus flask.

It did not matter. I would just use what I had and make do.

Gathering my bearings, I trek forward towards the light and emerge out of cave. And I am greeted to a beautiful sight.

Clear blue skies rested overhead, and the land before me was a sprawling forest. Though the trees were faded and decrepit, it was nowhere near the rotten state of Farron Keep.

Overall, this new land teemed with life, not decay or ruin. Further still, I could spot what seemed to be a large building and tower. Signs of civilization, I hoped. Whether the inhabitants were friendly or not remains to be seen.