Rastavan Ruins

After a few days of hiking through the forest, I finally found the entrance I had used to enter Arcturus and saw Luna Nova up ahead. At this point, my armor was covered in a mix of foliage and stained beast's blood.

Most importantly, however, the green blossoms in my possession were still in good condition. Despite not acquiring treasure as I had initially hoped, I could always go for another run at a later point.

Preferably before Luna Nova's debts to Fafnir are due.

I headed in the direction of the looming tower where a green light shone brightly at the top of it, my boots soon stepping onto cobblestone and making a good amount of noise. I would have continued walking ahead to the main building were it not for the distinct voice of Akko and shoes rapidly stomping against stone.

I halted in place and turned to her, seeing her immediately grind to a halt and nearly trip forward until I caught her.

"Whew, thanks for that, Ashen One!" She said in relief, to which I nodded before steadying her posture. "You're finally back!"

"As I said I would. Perhaps a bit later than I had intended." I replied back calmly. She took notice of the state of my armor and gasps loudly.

"Is that blood!? Are you hurt? Is it someone else's blood!? What happened!?" Her panicked shouting forced me to calm her down with waving hands, signaling her to pipe down.

"I had to defend myself from the forest wildlife. Do not fret, I am still in good health." My answer worked at quelling her worry, to which she sighed massively in relief.

"So, you're the guy everyone's still talking about." An unknown voice said. When I turned to see who it was, it was another student wearing the same Luna Nova uniform with a green sash belt decorating it. Her short hair resembled fire, being orange at the top with salmon undertones flared up.

Her light emerald eyes held a certain fire to them, I could sense it. The spirit of a girl who held no value for order. A true free spirit in every sense of the term.

"Seems even after being away for roughly two weeks, I still have a reputation here." I finally replied. She only smirked with a grin in response.

"Hey, me and my friends saw ya when you and Akko's team crashed the opening ceremony. I gotta say, you made a hell of an entrance! Definitely livened up the day after that." She stated in fascination. "Name's Amanda." She then thrusted her hand forward for a handshake, which I shook.

"Ashen One, though no doubt you already knew that." I replied back. She chuckles in response.

"Course I did. Akko wouldn't shut up about ya." Her statement had Akko flustered and pipe into the conversation.

"What? I was worried about him, alright!? After he risked his life to save me and the others, how could I not?" She replied hastily, causing me to dryly chuckle. I had no idea she favored me so highly.

"Well, tis a good thing I've returned as soon as I did. Speaking of which, I came back with something." This garnered both girls' attention.

"You did? Is it related to what you were researching?" Akko asked, rather excitedly.

"Well, don't keep us in suspense, man! Show us!" Amanda demanded, clearly eager to see what it was.

I was just about to pull out the green blossom until several shadows flew over us. The three of us, confused, glance up and see what looked like a swarm of small dragons circling around the top of the tower.

"Dragons." I said mainly to myself, though the two girls must have overheard me given their gasps. Sensing danger, I drew out my sword and shield preemptively as the swarm started to fly away with something. Amanda reacted quickly and picked up a broom.