Fasannciel Shearila

"We're here, guys!" Akko exclaimed.

"And not a moment later." I replied back, as Croix and Chariot were too stunned with the group's arrival. But the moment is short lived as the Noir Dragon begins to act erratically, roaring as its body twisted and convulsed violently.

Croix checked her magitronic device to deduce what was happening. "It's losing power...we have a shot at shutting it down!" She wasted no time in trying to do so, but this drew the beast's ire as it charged right at us with its jaws wide open. Before it could clamp down upon us, I rose my shield and used all my strength to keep its upper jaw from closing on us, my right foot firmly stomped upon its lower.

"Get to safety! I'll hold it off!" I urged Chariot and Croix, my stance slowly degrading as the beast slowly gained the upper hand.

"We can't leave you here-" Chariot cried before I cut off her.

"Damn it, go now!" My tone cut through to her, and despite her reluctance, she and Croix quickly scrambled away just as I was engulfed by the Noir Dragon. 

I could faintly hear the cries from the others as I found myself within the stomach of this abomination. But it did not mean I was useless. With rapid succession, I hacked away at the inner walls surrounding me, the pain causing the dragon to bellow and roar loudly.

Finally, after enough brute force, I forced it to expunge me from. I landed upon the ground with a heavy thud as I groaned. I could hear Chariot cry out my name as I saw the dragon's foot about to crush me under its weight.

"Hey, about you chew on this instead!?" I suddenly heard Amanda shout, garnering the creature's attention just as a large axe strikes it in the face and a course of electricity surges through its head. I glance over and see a proud Amanda wink at me. "Always wanted to use that axe of yours!"

I couldn't help but chuckle. "I've severely underestimated your strength." Some light banter, even in the midst of this chaos, stirred my spirits as I got back up. The Noir Dragon roars as it rips the Greataxe from its face, allowing me to quickly pick it up and swing it into its front left leg.

"Hold on, Ashen One!" Akko cried aloud, chanting a spell as the Shiny Rod transformed into a bow. Her words were enough to enrage the beast as it charged at her, bringing me along with it as I cleaved into its other leg in an effort to slow it down. It would be a close call, Akko at the risk of being consumed by it.

Until a bright green magical arrow fired out of the Shiny Rod and pierced right through the head of the beast. In a grand explosion, the Noir Dragon is destroyed as I'm launched off and roll across the ground. With the battle seemingly over, I take a moment to savor the peace before feeling someone crash against me.

It was a panicked Chariot as she asked me if I was alright, embracing me as she sat me upright. In order to calm her, I patted her back before returning the hug. "I've endured worse. I shall be fine, I promise."

I look over at Akko as she approached us, a look of relief on her face as she smiled. But when I glanced back at Chariot, she was nervous, even ashamed it seems, to look Akko in the eye. But Akko seemed undeterred as she sat down in front of us. After a brief lull of silence, Akko spoke in a gleeful demeanor.

"Chariot. It's great to finally meet you." Her tone completely took the redhead by surprise, who stared at the brunette with wide eyes. "It's always been my dream to greet the witch who inspired me to become one!"

"But Akko, I..." Chariot choked up on her words as she tried to find them. "Even after everything, why are you...?" Akko then handed the Shiny Rod over to her, continuing to speak.

"I always believed that if I became a witch, I'd finally get to meet you. But the truth is, I don't think I would've ever been able to if it weren't for my friends, your support, and the Ashen One's help! Without all of you, I would have never been able to get this far in life!"