Lyonne

Emerging from the leyline on Ursula's broom, we flew as fast as we could to reach Akko and Croix. I could see the gargantuan tree for ahead of us, the massive trunk coiling around itself to form a spiral that pierced the skies. It stretched upwards for miles and miles, with no end in sight.

"I gravely underestimated the size of this tree..." I said, at a lost for the sight before me.

"I only hope that Akko isn't already- watch out!" Ursula shouted abruptly, catching my attention as I looked forward and saw several of Croix's magitronic devices rushing towards us. Remaining firmly on the broom, I unclip my crossbow and load it with several bolts.

"Focus on evading and getting us to the tree. I'll take care of the machines." I replied before firing off several bolts at the oncoming contraptions, hitting them directly and seeing them spiral out of control as they crash into the ground. Yet more still rushed us, firing off bolts of magic that fly past us.

Regardless, I kept firing bolt after bolt with pinpoint accuracy, protecting Ursula as best I could. We were finally about to reach Wagandea until a powerful blast of magic knocked us out of the air. After hitting the ground with a loud clattering of armor ringing out, I pulled myself back up as I rushed over to an unconscious Ursula.

"Ursula! Wake up!" I shouted, shaking her body before glancing around. We were completely surrounded by several of Croix's machines, with their master looming overhead with a confident smirk. Steeling myself, I rose my shield while keeping my crossbow at the ready.

"You're already too late. As we speak now, Akko's climbing up the tree, determined to reach the summit. You wouldn't dare to deter her from achieving her dreams now, would you?" She asked mockingly. But her attitude had already worn itself out on me.

"Do not mock my intelligence. Whatever words you planted in Akko's mind, they shall not come to fruition. We will bring her back to safety, and you will fail." I retorted back, maintaining a protective stance over Ursula as Croix looked at me with a bemused expression.

"We'll see about that." As she left, she gave me a sly grin. "By the way, hope you don't mind the new company. I figured these pixel forms would be more your style." I'm left momentarily confused until I hear the shuffling and stomping of armored figures. All around us, said pixels inhabiting the remains of knight armor had their swords and polearms trained on us.

They eerily resembled the armor of those who served under Lothric's banner. As if the spirits of the deceased returned once more for one last battle. "Damn you, Croix..." I muttered under my breath before unsheathing my sword. As one of the possessed knights charged at me, I timed a parry before driving my blade into it and slashing it in half.

The others rushed me as I rose my shield to block their attacks, doing my best to keep them away from Ursula. I delivered a hard kick to one before clashing swords with another. Yet I felt another knight charge into me from the side and knock me aside, grunting as I scrambled back onto my feet and deflected another slash with my sword.

"If this is where I am to fall, I shall drag your wretched souls to the Abyss with me." I was prepared to lay down my life to protect Ursula at that moment. The enemy approached me once more, but before they could reach me a blast of magic ripped through them. I turn my head back to see Ursula standing once more, her wand glowing brightly as she panted heavily.

"Ursula!" I shouted, my focus torn away from the knights until another was blasted apart ruthlessly. Ursula now stood next to me as we looked around, with more possessed suits of armor approaching us. It was as if Croix sent an entire army upon us. "Ursula, you need to reach Akko now! Before it's too late!"

"Ashen One, I won't abandon you! We can-"

"This is not for debate! Akko needs you! I'll hold these invaders at bay!"

Little Witch Academia: The Ashen Knight (LWA x Dark Souls)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara