Constanze

With Croix's plotting at the forefront of my head, being able to feel relaxed the days following the Wild Hunt's conclusion has been impossible. Ursula has been doing her best to keep Akko close and away from Croix, but tis easier said than done.

And sneaking into her lab has been out of the question, for now it is locked down. Whatever she's planning, it clearly involves something being kept under wraps in that lab of hers. Whatever it may be.

The thought of that rusted armor came back to mind. Drove me mad being unable to determine why it rang so familiar to me.

None of this wallowing would do me any good. I had to get my mind off it for now and get something productive done. Thankfully, I already had a plan.

With it being a free day for the students, I made my way over to the dorms and knocked on the door to the Green Team's dorm. Greeting me is Amanda, who looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Ashen One? What brings ya here?"

"Greetings to you as well, Amanda. I wanted to inquire on the whereabouts of Constanze."

"Ooh, yeah she's right here." Amanda jabs a thumb, pointing behind her with it to direct my gaze at the bed behind her. There she was, the green-eyed girl who was tinkering away on some device. She was, anyways, until she glanced up at me once Amanda moved aside.

In the room was also their rotund friend Jasminka sitting at the desk, who offered me a gleeful wave while munching on some food from a bag she was holding. Seems like she always had something to munch on. I returned the gesture as Amanda stepped aside to let me in.

Back to Constanze, she perked her head up when I stepped into the room and stopped in front of her. She was quick to recognize me, offering me a grunt and nod in acknowledgement of my presence. Not much of a talker. Reminds me of myself back then.

"Greetings, Constanze. I'll skip the pleasantries and skip straight to the point. After seeing just what you're capable of as a crafter, I've come with a request."

I withdraw my bow and present it to her, with her giving me a perplexed look.

"I'd like for you to craft me a better bow. A mechanical one that can provide me adequate range and stability, and I can aid you in acquiring the needed materials if need be."

I could hear an inquisitive hum from her as she thought it over, before she shot a look up at me and nodded with a thumbs up. She was indeed up to the challenge.

"My deepest thanks. After that large construct you showed off the night of the Wild Hunt, I have full faith in your ability to impress me with what you come up with."

"I wish I had my own transforming ship too!" Jasminka blurted aloud in a dreamy tone, while Amanda folded her arms behind her head.

"What're you planning to do with it anyways? Going hunting some time? And if you are, let me tag along. The boredom is striking again." The fire-headed girl asked.

"Tis for protection. After that monster rampage, I need some effective range to fall back on."

"Why not just use your wand and cast spells? We saw the massive fireballs you were casting to mess up that giant bird freak."

"Magic is finite, even for me. I'd prefer to use it as a last resort."

"Hmph. Fair enough, I guess."

I turn my gaze back to Constanze, just in time to see the small humanoid machine from before now sitting atop her shoulder. It spoke on her behalf in a high-pitched yet scratchy voice that further indicated how much of a machine it was.