Cavendish Manor

The chirping of crickets filled the nearly silent air as I stood outside, gazing up at the pale blue moon. It was the kind of calm night that provided much needed serenity to my mind. Even if for just a moment.

Then I saw a familiar face walking across the field, the leader of Team Blue. Diana didn't seem to notice me, yet I could tell she was deep in her own thoughts given her hardened face. She also had a broom with her, serving as a torch given the lantern tied to the front end of it. What was she doing out so late, and more importantly, where to?

"Diana?" I called out, giving her a bit of a spook as she jolted slightly before looking over at me. Once she realized it was just me, she sighs as I made my way over to her. "What brings you out here so late?"

Just from her mannerisms, with her turned gaze and furrowed brows, I could tell she was reluctant to disclose her reason. I merely crossed my arms, not breaking my gaze from her. "Considering you have a flying broom with you, I have a good inkling that where you're off to is far away."

"...Seems there's no escaping this interrogation, is there?" She finally asks, her tone clearly indicating she was being rhetorical. "...I'm returning home. In order to protect the legacy my mother left behind."

Few words left her lips, yet it was all that I needed to hear to understand. "I see...will you be returning?"

She shook her head, finally looking at me with a stoic expression. "I won't. If I'm to protect my family's legacy, I have to become the head of the household. And when I do...my life as a student comes to an end."

"...Is it what you desire? You're still young, after all, and to take up such a mantle is a grand responsibility." A brief moment of silence played out, and even though I'm certain she didn't want to say it aloud, her quivering fists already gave away her true feelings.

"Still, if this what you truly want, then do so. Tis not my place to tell you what do to." I said, earning me a faint yet still somber smile from her.

"Thank you for understanding." She was about to continue walking away but paused to look back at me. "Given this will more than likely be the last time we speak to each other, I thought I should let you know about something."

Curious, I tilted my head. "And that is?"

"I never did find any information about this 'Age of Fire' you spoke of before during my research."

"If that's the case...does that mean you don't believe what I said?"

"...If you asked me earlier, I would have told you such. But after some other research I did...I've come to the conclusion that not all is as it seems."

"Hmm...such a cryptic choice of words, Diana." I joked light heartedly, but she only stared at me with an inquisitive gaze. That's when my dry chuckling died down, and I grew a suspicion that she knew something no one else should.

"In any case, I should get going." She then abruptly said, releasing some of the tension that was growing. "And one more thing. About Akko. Make sure she accomplishes her quest to unlock the Grand Triskellion."

With the revelation of her knowing of Akko's quest, she finally took her leave. Standing alone and being left stunned for a small while, I finally chuckled dryly while crossing my arms. "Nothing ever gets past you, does it, Diana?"

Knowing I wouldn't be getting a response due to her absence, I turned to walk back to my hut before hearing the frantic ringing of steps approaching fast. Already having a good idea of who it was, I spoke up. "If you're searching for Diana, she went in that direction. You should be able to catch up with her if you hurry."