Wagandea

It was a relief to have returned to Luna Nova safe and sound. Although Diana was unable to succeed in becoming Head of the Cavendish family due to circumstances, the servants of the manor unanimously assured her that they would keep the manor safe for her until she is able to take the mantle properly.

This meant she was free to return to her studies at Luna Nova, much to the glee of Akko. That aside, they were curious as to what happened with Patches. I lied and told them that he had escaped my grasp with a trick, and it was enough to convince them. Wherever he may be, I just pray it is far away from Luna Nova. Namely for his sake. It brought me no joy in the slightest to have to lie.

After settling down for a short time upon our return, I felt compelled to return to the library. After what happened back at the manor, I felt a new drive to uncover anything that could suggest who else may have been transported to this new age. Though of the ones I had in mind were regrettably few in number, twas better than none at all.

Maybe like the Firekeeper, they too found purpose here, living out their lives until their true deaths. Or maybe some were still alive and well, much like Patches. Such thoughts occupied my mind until I entered the library and took notice of a tired Akko whose face was planted against a pile of books. Seems I'm not the only one in search of knowledge.

"Greetings, Akko." I stated simply, alerting her as she sprung back up and gave me a wide smile.

"Oh, hey there Ashen One! What brings you here?" She asked curiously.

"I could ask the same of you. I was just seeking to do some reading to stimulate the mind. What about you? From the looks of it, you seem to be drowned in your reading."

She let out something of a disappointed sigh. "That's one way to put it. I've been searching for clues about how to unlock the Sixth Word, but I've found nothing."

"Hm. Did Ursula tell you what the word is?"

"She said it's called 'Lyonne'. But she said I have to figure out what it means on my own."

"Quite a conundrum, but I'm certain you'll uncover the meaning of it. You've already unlocked five words thus far. You've already come too far to be deterred now."

My words sparked renewed determination in the brunette as she joyously nods with a bright smile. Then we hear a pair of footsteps approaching and turn to see Diana's companions Hannah and Barbara arrive. Akko was naturally uneased by their arrival, while I crossed my arms.

However, as I looked at the pair, they looked at us both with sto expressions. It was a stark contrast to the previous times I met them. "Hannah. Barbara. What bring you both here?" I finally asked.

"We wanted to give you our thanks for bringing Diana back." Hannah replied, with Barbara nodding before speaking after her. "It really means a lot to us." Despite their expressions, their tones were sincere, which surprised Akko given her wide eyes and gaping jaw after they left just as soon as they arrived.

"Wow..." Akko finally mumbled aloud, garnering my attention. "They really do care a lot about Diana..."

"Did you not believe they did?" I asked to her, earning me a sheepish mumble from her.

"Well, me and them haven't ever been on the best of terms throughout the school year...I always just thought they stuck with Diana because of her popularity. But now...I really see that they care a lot about her."

I hum in response, giving her a nod. "Just as you care about your friends. Some are simply privier to how they care for those they are bonded with. But in dire times, such feelings are brought out in full force for all to witness."