The Strike

After spending the day watching Akko train, we parted ways as the day drew to a close. I was about to head back to my hut when Ursula stopped me, wishing to show me something. Night had already fallen as I stood inside of Ursula's chambers, watching as she picked out a book from her shelf.

"I figured since you've told me so much about yourself and your history, it only makes sense for me to finally tell you more about myself." She explains, laying the old, brown book down on her desk and turning to a page with various writings in it. "And it relates to the Shiny Rod."

"And that is?" I ask, my curiosity piqued.

"Well, as you already know, I used to wield the Shiny Rod when I used to be Shiny Chariot. But I had it with me long before that, when I was still a student, in fact. At the time, I was chosen to discover the Seven Words, a series of spells that are the key to uncovering the whereabouts of the Grand Triskelion..." Her head would then look up, staring at a portrait of seven leaves arranged in a circle.

"I was only able to uncover six of the seven words." She finished in a saddened tone, her gaze never leaving the portrait. I, however, continued to stare at her.

"Yet now the Shiny Rod is in Akko's possession." I stated, which prompted her to look at me with a light smile.

"Indeed. She's already discovered three of the seven words during her time here at Luna Nova, and it's only a matter of time until she discovers the other four." She explains further.

"And when she does? What happens then?" I asked. With her tilt of her head, she gestures back to the portrait.

"The Grand Triskelion will be unsealed. A potent source of magical energy that was sealed away long ago to preserve it. Magic is fueled by the emotions of people, but as time went, people believed in it less and less." She sighs depressingly. "And now, we run the risk of magic vanishing completely in the near future. If the Grand Triskelion can be unsealed, however..."

"Then the magic that dwells within this world can be rekindled anew." I finished inquisitively, which seemed to surprise her.

"Well, yes. At least, that's the hope. How did you...?"

"This Grand Triskelion...it reminds me faintly of the First Flame."

"I see..." She hums softly in thought, rubbing her fingers against her chin. "But yes, it should restore magic to how it once was. It all falls onto Akko being able to discover the final word."

"But if you know the first six, why not simply tell her?"

"Because the words can't just be taught. She needs to discover how they're activated."

"Ah, that explains it..." I turned my gaze back onto her. "Is she aware of the rod's purpose then?"

She would shake her head softly. "No...not yet, at least. With how far she's come..." Her head turns to look at me, a confident smile now resting on her face. "I'm going to tell her the truth. Of everything."

"Good. She ought to know how important this is." I replied back, proud of Ursula's newfound resolve to be honest with the girl. Just outside, the blue moon's hue radiated even brighter for a moment. As if itself heard her and wanted to show approval in its own way.