Return to Luna Nova

I lost track of time as I made my way back to Luna Nova. After having to traverse the underground ruins for an unknown length of time, I was finally able to find a path that led to the surface. Said ruins were more of the same as before, ancient cobblestone with empty husks of armor littering the path.

Fortunately, I didn't stumble upon any more Pus of Man, nor any other threats. But the trek did further confirm my suspicions that Lothric Castle was buried beneath the lands above. I found items such as statues of knights, tattered flags, and even some old tomes. Granted, the contents within said tomes were faded and coated in grime. Reduced to pure rubbish.

Much like the whole of Lothric itself.

Regardless, I was finally graced by a slightly cold breeze as the blue moon shone down on me. I had to take a moment to gaze upon it, feeling grateful to see it once more. I also only now realized how odd it looked. A large four-pointed star was plastered on the front of it, as if an arrow left a lasting impact on it.

I wonder if Ursula has any knowledge about why it looked the way it did. I'll have to ask her when I get back home...

Home. Such an odd word to describe Luna Nova. But I hadn't forgotten the kindness shown to me by Holbrooke and Ursula. They both welcomed me when they didn't need to and aided me when I needed it the most.

Home felt like an apt descriptor for it.

More weeks passed, and at long last, I could see the gates of Luna Nova coming up on the horizon as the morning sun rose behind me. My armor had seen better days, coated with dirt and even more disheveled than before. It was even chipping at several areas, giving me a ragged appearance. The now stained black blood didn't help it either.

As I made my way to the entrance, I could see a couple of the smaller Faeries gasp and scurry off inside. Either they were scared of my appearance, or they ran to get help. Regardless, I pushed ahead and trekked through the halls for only a moment until I heard Holbrooke's voice and saw her approaching.

"Ashen One! Thank goodness, you're alright!" She exclaimed in immense relief, and I knelt down to her level so that she could inspect me. The shock and concern in her voice said it all. "Goodness, Ashen One. What happened to you?"

I couldn't help but dryly chuckle in response. I can only imagine her reaction once I provide her full detail of what I've gone through. "Tis quite a story, I can assure you that. I'd prefer to go in detail over it privately, however."

With an understanding nod, she takes me to her office and from there, I told her everything that occurred on my overtly long journey. She was speechless nearly the whole time until I finally finished.

"To think that the ruins of a kingdom long ago was right underneath us this entire time..."

"And it wasn't all. I found this as well." I pulled out the lifeless ember and presented it to her, letting her take it and examine it closely. "Tis called an ember, a special item I used for when I needed a boost in strength. Usually, they would be alit with fire. But this one is the exception."

"An ember..." After she examined it, she looks back at me with a pondering stare. "Could it be devoid of flame because of the lack of the First Flame you mentioned long ago?"

"Possibly. I can't imagine any other reason for its state." I then hum, before looking at her sharply. "Speaking of long ago, how much time has passed since I left?"

"Well, you left during the end of June, so...it's been little over four months!"

I was taken aback. Four months? I knew I was away for a long while, but I didn't think it was for that long. I can't even begin to imagine how worried Ursula and Akko must be.