Revelations

"You mean to tell me that Croix called off her forces after rescuing you?"

"That's what it felt like to me..."

After arriving back at Luna Nova, Ursula and I reconvened at her room so she could explain what transpired on her end. I was left in partial disbelief, unable to accept the thought that Croix would have such a drastic change of heart to save her nemesis from certain death. But it was clear that Ursula thought different, now holding a picture of her and Croix when they were students.

"I know it may be hard to believe given everything that's happened, but I just feel like the old her is still in there. The one who I used to call my best friend..." Ursula explained somberly, reminiscing on her past. I hummed softly, glancing from the picture and her before speaking.

"Then perhaps reconciliation is in order. Should fate deign it so..." I responded.

"Maybe...regardless, we should tread cautiously. She's still after the Grand Triskellion, and she's still a major threat to us. A threat to the entire world, even..." Ursula stowed the picture away as she turned fully to me, visibly driven with renewed resolve. "She won't get her hands on it. Not on my watch."

I nod in sound agreement, echoing my sentiment. "We shall make sure of that. Remember that this is a battle you don't have to fight alone."

"Of course." She gave me a warm smile before continuing. "The next thing to do now is to tell Akko about everything. Nothing but the truth."

"Speaking of which, I feel tis time I do the same. I am curious of how she will react to knowing I do not hail from his era." I let out a deep hum, pondering the thought.

"Hmm...perhaps we should tell her about our pasts at separate times. Allow her the chance to process each as opposed to overwhelming her." Ursula suggested.

"Mmh. Yes, a sound idea." I couldn't help but glance over at her broom in the corner of the room, remembering the sight of her flying through the pollen. She caught wind of my stare and sighed.

"I have a strong feeling about what's on your mind, Ashen One...and you'd be right. I can't fly anymore."

"A sacrifice you made to protect Akko's future." She nodded in response. Silence lingered for a moment until I placed my hand on hers. "But as Akko has shown us, magic lost can be regained slowly. I'm certain in due time and with practice, you too can regain what is thought lost."

I could tell that my words touched her as her eyes quivered sightly, her smile returning with a warm glow to it. "You're right, Ashen One. I can tell Akko's been rubbing off on you!"

"Tis a rather special ability of hers, I say. She very easily can stir the hearts of those even drenched within the deepest of despair to take action. To achieve the dreams, they seek to grasp."

In truth, after what Ursula said earlier, perhaps the one who could change Croix's heart for the better would be Akko herself. But even that seems like nothing more than wishful thinking. 

"It's a special trait of hers, for sure. The perfect trait for a fine witch she's becoming." Ursula said, still smiling at me as I nodded back.

"Aye. And now, only one word remains." I then heard a sigh from her, turning my head back towards her. "Is something wrong?"

"Well, kind of...the word is 'Phasansheer Shearylla'. Only problem is that even I don't know the meaning of it, for reasons you're already aware of...but I'm confident Akko can uncover it herself. She just needs to let her heart guide her."

"Hmm, then I'm sure she will have no trouble discovering it, and finally reveal the Grand Triskellion before Croix can. But alas, we will have to wait and see. For now, I do believe we should rest for the night."