Prologue: - Whitedail -

The town of Whitedail was once a peaceful place. A place where thousands lived to raise their children, with their hopes flying high as a new generation bloomed. It all changed from an invisible blast spreading through the town and the town only. The blast caused no damage, nothing was destroyed... No one was hurt.

Only two young boys' lives changed forever.

Oxzy Raith. The hero of the town was now 31, living and devoting his life to the town and the people in it. He was a 6'0 adult, used to work at a small pet store he doesn't go to often on the North side of the town. At the pet store, he had taken in a cat and rat, both seem to get along well in the same small apartment he lives in. He had a single mother who raised him his whole life who passed away during a house fire. The hero was distraught beyond belief. But he kept going, his mother always encouraged the young boy to do good, to help others with the gifts he was given.

For Oxzy, it didn't seem like a gift. It's more like a nightmare.

Pierce Imber. The Villain of the town, age 29. A young man with much power who grew up around death and theft. His parents were anything but loving, they used him until he grew old enough to choose what he wants, even if that means he has to use force. In most cases, he does. The 6'3 adult doesn't work for a living, he steals and takes whatever he wants. He destroys his own home and kills living things without so much of a blink of an eye. Pierce has been using his powers since such a young age, he doesn't seem to have any backlash, any weakness from using his "gifts" so much. Pierce became someone not only feared, but hated by everyone in the town.

For Pierce, it was all the power in his hands. He was feared.

The town Whitedail wasn't as popular and hated as it is today. The town had a downfall during the hero and villains growing up days. Oxzy was only 21 at the time, debating if he should go to college or not.

Pierce was 19 at the time. He was having relationship problems with Rosamee. The only girl he had ever dated and the first real heartbreak to have. He wasn't in the area at the time, even if he was presumed to be the one to cause the disaster. Only it was just an excuse from the townspeople, someone to blame the huge number of deaths from.

The true culprit, the true meaning all behind the deaths. No one would care to believe it.

It wouldn't be the same. Nothing has been the same since. No one could get over it. How could they? Their loved ones died, and everyone changed their view on the hero.

Someone they saw as incapable and unwilling. Even the villain's look has changed. He was more feared, and they now saw him as more capable. More willing than the hero.

It was kinda true. The hero was burned, bruised, hurt, and he couldn't save everyone.

He did try.

He tried his best, yet it wasn't enough. Lives were still lost, not everyone was saved.

After that, not only were the townspeople's lives changed, but the hero's as well. He lost his family after everything. He was blamed and viewed differently. But that didn't stop him from protecting everyone any way he could...

Even if they don't like him.