- flames that destroy -

~The Grubs, Pierces home~
After Mercy had walked off, Pierce turned to be in his room fully. His hands flew around in a frenzy, he directed his anger at the open ceiling. Fire burst through the wood, spitting the ends of the bark into complete smoke.

The roof was already falling from the sky, he only made it slightly larger with his bursting emotions. Flames escaped from his palms, letting out shallow breaths, Pierce turned his back to the hole in the roof. The reason the hole was in the roof plagued his mind with horrible thoughts. He did the bidding of blasting the hole through the roof.

~~~~

He was waiting for Rosamee in his room after he got into a fight with her. The fight was viscous, they fought over what the future had in store for them. She got into a big mess just thinking about it, she fought back with him. Yelling, spitting, and hitting him in his face. Pierce tried to make sense with her, she didn't listen. Instead, the woman ran away.

The villain knew where she went, she went to her work at the elementary school down in Formay. Pierce wanted to run after her, to follow his love into some type of agreement. He wanted to bring her with him, to run away from the grubs. From Whitedail.

But she fled.

Fear in what lies ahead scared her. Running away from her home with Pierce wasn't what she wanted. It was what Pierce wanted.

The two lovers wanted two different things. Rosamee wanted to stay. Pierce wanted to walk away. But they would end up walking away from each other if they did so, Pierce didn't want that. He would do what she wanted before his own. She meant more to him than his freedom.

He stayed in his room, the darkness taking over his stressed steps. He walked back and forth along the floor. His footprints itched into the carpet floor as he walked over and over on the same spot. His mind was racing. He kept pulling up his phone to see if he got any messages.

Nothing. Only a blank screen greeted him.

Pierce looked up to the roof. Stress was pooling off him like a fountain. He couldn't be so worked up about this. They fight all the time, she will message back soon. He just had to be patient.

He did cool himself down. Sitting on his bed with his head in his hands while he waited for something. It felt like hours, more than what he expected with just scrolling through his phone. He heard Mercy move things around from below him.

Ignoring her, he felt a buzz in his hands.

Swiping his phone down, he looked through what he got a message. Instead of an answer from Rosamee, he got the Whitedail news that popped up on his screen.

He was about to leave the page when he saw a familiar word. The news was about the elementary school his girlfriend worked at. She was there right now. Before Pierce could even stand up to put his shoes on, everything came to him at once.

Mercy's scream of shock from below his room, the words sinking as he looked down.

"The Whitedail elementary was turned ablaze during school hours.
The hero came to help put it out, saving as many people as he can.
Unfortunately, 14 children were burnt to death.
-And 3 staff members were found dead."

Pierce scanned the names. One name hit him right in the chest.

It couldn't be. He just saw her this morning, how could she have been killed like that? That quick..

His body reacted on impulse. His arms flung to the sky. A ball of fire formed all around his space, the room became aflame. The roof began to topple over, small ashes blew from below him. The wood began to burn, smoke emerging from the house and into the sky.