- cold and alone -

~Cleoi, Oxzy's apartment~
His body felt sore all over, moving an inch caused a rippling tear feeling to run up inside him. He groaned out in pain, trying his best to at least lay on his back, he made it, having a few tears fill his eyes from the pain.

"Ha... Eerghh...!"

His mouth felt dry, it hurt to try and swallow down his groans. Looking around, Oxzy turned to his door that was open for Cirilla May to run in and out. Sucking in a tired breath, he lifted his left arm in the doors direction, closing his eyes and focusing with his energy to get water.

The urge fueled his body with strength, causing the room he was in to become colder. Soon his breath became misty when he breathed out, and ice started to crawl from the floor under him. He had managed to get an ice trail to himself, giving cold water to enter his mouth. After doing all that for just a small drink, he felt extremely exhausted.

Having his arm lay limp from the bed, the cold around him started to melt with the less energy Oxzy gave to it.

"Aghhr..."

Breathing felt a bit better, his whole body had a small bit of strength return, only Oxzy had no energy to use it.

Staying with his body sprawled on his bed with a messy sheet and water split from melting ice under him, the hero couldn't help but let his mind wander.

When Oxzy is in this sort of state, his mind reacts in a defensive way. He gets cold, mean and distant between real thoughts, and fake ones. Sometimes he will end up hurting his mind and sanity with thoughts of his lost mother.

The only person who cared for him...

Genna Raith.

A bright woman the age of 49 on that day. Smiling softly, her long black curls fall from her back, covering her skin as pale as the moon. She stayed waiting for her only son, her only family member left after her husband abandoned them.

Her son stayed out, fighting and protecting the town they live in. With all his life, all his power goes into protecting everyone and everything. He stayed out until 2am, fighting and making sure the villain stays away until it's safe, when he finally returns.

Tired with cuts across his body from falling debris, he opened the door as silently as he could, traveling in without no lights on. He gave out a sigh, leaning on the counter that was in the kitchen, feeling thankful he was still alive after his fight.

The light turned on, making the hero flinch, his body automatically acted, turned around, his arm raised. He stopped, seeing his mother covering herself with a long white robe. She folded her arms, looking at the boy she loved dearly a hurt and afraid look.

She rushed forward, pulling him into a hug. Closing and hugging tightly and deeply as her old and frail arms could do. Oxzy hugged tightly back, giving a few winces but overall, happy and finally calm in his mothers arms.

Her hand traveled to his cut and red cheek, her eyes looking up and tears feeling them. She closed them, giving in a few sobs. Blaming herself endlessly, hoping and asking for forgiveness from God and her own child. The woman blamed herself after every fight. Every time Oxzy is like this.

That's the reason the boy at the time couldn't let her see him. Let her take the blame for his own doing. He was doing it not only for her at the time. He did it because it was the right thing to do.

No one else can stop the villain. No one else deserves to die by his cruel hands. So Oxzy stops him from doing so.

He is the only one who can. Only.. Genna wishes so much that she could turn back time. Turn back and never tell her son to keep going. To protect everyone, to use his powers for the good of this town.