- love intensifies -

~Formay, police station~
He was gone, Jayce had ran off for the past few days and had not picked up Jamisen's calls. Milo tried to reach him as well, gor the third day he hadn't come, the sheriff knew he had to fire him. He was missing too much, they needed someone to fill that place.

Again.

Ronny was still in recovery, he was still burned badly. The station was told about his discharge from his position, so now Milo needed a new person to fill in his place more than ever. But they had Jayce, where had he gone? Things were happening without the sheriff knowing, the sheriff knew everything.

But he doesn't know everything..

Jamisen rushed into the officer, he stood by the door to let a few men come in. They followed behind in a cool fashion until all three of them stood in Milo's small office. Milo stood up straight before he realized that the men were from the fire department.

"Adam? I got the call about a fire, how bad was it?" Milo sat down across from the lead fireman, Adam who gave a cooled expression.

"Not as bad, but we came to tell you about it since it was caused by a gang in the grubs."

Jamisen stiffened, shutting the door after the other two men who followed Adam left. He walked forward, looking at Milo in concern. "How do you know for sure?"

"My men caught a few guys from the grubs watching, they all left at the same time. The people we talked to said they were there before the fire started."

Milo gulped, he tried to think. Looking back up to Adam he spoke confidently. "Do you know if anyone got hurt, killed? Whose apartment was it?"

"No humans were harmed. We did find a dead feline in the building though..." The man's voice trailed off, he casted his eyes down. His whole figure stiffened, body language gave a message to Milo.

"Adam, what is it?" Milo softly spoke.

The fireman cursed to himself. He set the hand he was holding down, giving the sheriff a serious look. "The main reason I wanted to talk to you about this was because the hero was there." Adam gulped, looking at Jamisen. The man looked to Milo, he shooed him away without making eye contact. Jamisen huffed, leaving out the door. Milo turned to Adam, the man continued with a sigh. "He rushed in first, taking out the fire, he actually took the cat that was crushed out and left with it..."

Milo began to shake his head, he feared what he heard to come next. He didn't want to believe it, he was hoping it wasn't true. But his blood ran cold when Adam continued his sentence.

"We believe that it was his apartment. The cat was his, the men attacked his home in revenge. All the gangs would team up just for that foul reason." Adam shook his head, he felt sorry for the curly haired man. He watched the hero walk out of the door with the small critter in his arms. His face was lowered, but tears were running from his face in grief.

It was like when the hero's home was destroyed once more. Burned and toppling over itself. It was his mothers home, she didn't survive..

It felt the exact same, watching Oxzy leave with a head low. Adam felt a chill run up his spin, his heart pounded in thoughts. He looked back at Milo, it seemed like the sheriff was in a worse state. He looked like was ready to pass out. Bloodshot eyes, an open mouth, sweat dripping from his white skin.

Before Adam could ask, Milo spoke first. "W-Where was the apartment in t-the town..?"

"Uh," the fireman looked aside, looking away from Milo as he spoke. "It was in.. Cleoi I think, where not much crime appears.."

Milo felt his whole being frozen. It was Oxzy's apartment, his home..

Milo, the station, was the only place he knew where he lived. He tried to keep it a secret, he knew something like this would happen if it ended in the wrong hands.