- brutal acquaintance-

~Cleoi, Oxzy's apartment~
Oxzy got up bright and early with not much on his mind. He didn't exactly have anything to do today besides getting cat food and some pebble fruits for Kamari. Speaking of Kamari, the small rodent was chewing up her small cloth bed from outside the cage.

Oxzy never planned on getting a rat for a pet, but believe it or not, the small critter actually came with Cirilla May. The rodent and feline were surprisingly close. Closer than you would think prey and predator could be. They would play, eat, snack, sleep, even bathe together. They were like a family, with the hero being a new addition to the family.

Kamari gave no indication to her owner that was kneeling right beside her. She was fully focused on ripping up the bedding, not until the hero gave her back a little tap. The fuzzy animal turned to the finger, rubbing lightly on the tip before giving a little nibble. Oxzy only chuckled at that, petting back her head fluff before standing up.

He put on his normal attire, that being a white dress shirt paired with a big sweater with a dull pattern. His pants were nothing more than long black jeans to keep warm. He dressed up before heading out.

His mission may seem small and less action-packed compared to what he usually does when leaving his small secluded apartment. Where he lives is unknown to everyone in the town, it's mostly for his safety. So when the villain or some thieves decide to get rid of him or cast revenge, he won't have to move so much. He still does, just to be safe, but it's not always.

Everyone close to him always ends up hurt in some way.

The town was lightly littered with people. Some were doing what they were supposed to do on a normal day. Oxzy did get a few looks at him when on his street bike, most people know him, some see him as heroic and brave. Some see him as foolish and overhearing. But most see him as an impractical hero, that all the downfall to come onto their city. Is because of him.

He made it to the pet store fairly quickly, ignoring all the eyes that peered on him. He walked on, going straight to where the stuff he needed was, getting there and to the counter in a second.

The lady behind the counter started to bag up the dried fruit pebbles, the cat food, and a small bedding while the hero got out what he needed to pay for. He heard a few small voices from around him, he knew where they were coming from, he didn't have to look. But he did anyway.

Peering behind him, his eyes caught a few bundles of people chatting in secret while looking at him. A few words were thrown around, some he couldn't tell, others he refused to listen to.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, he had to ignore them. He had to get used to it, but now it's an everyday thing that he must get used to.

"Uhh... If you don't mind me asking, Oxzy..." The lady behind the counter caught back his attention up front. He turned to her and raised an eyebrow in his usual quiet fashion. "...But.. Is there a way you could use your.. 'powers' in a way that your own town doesn't.. Well fall?" Her last words were a bit of a giggle. Like she said something awkward and wanted it to seem normal, it only made things more awkward.

Oxzy looked down a bit uneasy and unwilling. A part of him was annoyed and offended. He wanted to voice that out to the ignorant lady in front of him. But his heart stopped his instinct. "I do my best to keep everything intact. But stuff still happens.. I can't keep everything perfect."

The answer seemed to only fuel the lady with more curiosity. She seemed keen on asking more of the hero, all seemed to be related to how Oxzy uses what he is given to destroy buildings. More and more. Only, there wasn't enough time, nor did Oxzy have patience to answer any more to the lady. Even if he does tell them, not only her but the people around who can't keep their eyes off him, how he fights the villain that loves to destroy stuff.