- over the phone -

~The Grubs, unknown~
"I already had it shipped to Echo's gang! I swear I did!" The man who preyed on a girl begged for his life. Kneeling under a boy years younger than him. His eyes were bloodshot, tears running down his face as men surrounded him, coming closer to his shaking form.

The boy who was younger than everyone in the room gave a soft smile, his lips curling and eyes bright. "How could I believe you?" His voice softly let out, kneeling down to peer at the man. "Those were important drugs. They are high priced, rare and something not meant to be taken by the likes of you..." The boy's voice suddenly became low, dangerous, his eyes becoming narrow. "You took the purchases without my mothers, or anyone in this gang's notice. You stole it and decided to sell it without our knowledge... Getting it into the hands of someone else who could overpower us."

The boy moved his hand to the side, a man older to his right handed him a gun. The man on the floor looked up in shock, his hands about to shoot up and plead for mercy.

The boy took the pleads. Some small satisfactory feelings grew inside him when seeing this man quiver under him. "You have done something stupid, and unforgivable. So you are not needed."

"No- No please!!-'' His shouts fell on deaf ears, a gunshot rang in the small warehouse filled with dangerous criminals. The boy put the gun down, seeing the man drop dead and blood falling from his now emotionless eyes. The men whispered along with each other, spitting and mocking the dead man on the ground.

The boy turned at the sound of his phone buzzing, pulling it up he felt a small tug of excitement at the thought of it being his brother. It ended up being his mother, she texted him a warning to "get rid of the snitch, or Pierce will find out" having him roll his eyes.

He texted back with an answer, stuffing his phone away in his pocket, the boy looked up to his men and motioned to the lifeless body. "Get this cleaned up, we're gonna invite a guest."

"Must be important since you want it clean, huh?"

"Maybe our boss got a pretty lady?"

"He never had a girlfriend, what makes you think he got one now?"

"Maybe Pierce is coming over?"

"Hey don't mention him, the boss is on alert man!"

The bickering became a distant sound for the boy. He pulled his phone back out to text someone to invite over for smokes. His men dragged the body away as he dialed the number. Rings echoed along the walls as men scattered away to do their own business, until suddenly, the caller picked up.

"Why are you calling me that this time?" Mercy asked in an annoyed tone.

"Hey, you're not busy are you?" Felix's chirpy voice said over the phone. "I have some information that I know you will wanna hear."

Silence came from the other end, the shuffling of feet sounded before Mercy spoke. "Where are you?"

Felix smiled proudly, finding a seat with his legs crossed he couldn't help the beaming thoughts and excitement. "I'm in the grubs, by the lake."

"You mean the warehouse Pierce's mother uses to store her deals?"

The sarcasm leaking from her voice made the boy stutter a little bit. He didn't expect the woman to know this place, only that Pierce had told her, or taken her here. It was a good thing now that he thought about it. It would mean he didn't have to explain everything in much detail, and Mercy would accept it easier. It would just be more time to do important stuff.

"If I'm coming all the way down there, you better get me something good."

Her voice broke Felix out of his thoughts, he looked around trying to figure out what she would want. "Does... Coke sounds good?"