- a sip of caffeine -

~Cleoi, Oxzy's apartment~
The hero woke up with a start. Sweat dripped down his face and his mind raced with a loud booms coming from all around him. He was panting, looking around his room like that sound had come from within, he quickly realized it came from outside his window.

He shot up from his bed, almost falling back on the ground from the pain rushing through him. He breathed in a breath, "aahrg..."

Ignoring the pain and quickly locating the window. He looked outside, trying to find the source of the sound. He heard distant sirens, looking to his left, he could only make out smoke.

Smoke could have come from anything really in this town, but Oxzy knew better. It had to have been something from the villain, the reason the hero woke up with such adrenaline and fear already coursing through his body. He couldn't even feel the pain when he first woke up, he was on guard from the blast.

The hero slowly fell to the carpeted floor. His legs trembling from underneath him as his bare legs under his shorts began to feel a cold breeze. He was sitting on the floor in front of the window, holding onto his ribs in pain, breathing was becoming difficult the more his heart raced.

"Mhhh... Errrg...!" Calm down.. calm down!

He repeated the comforting words in his mind, trying to stop his racing heart so he could heal. He convinced himself slowly that he was safe, that the villain and the people had no way of knowing where he was. That the blast hasn't killed anyone, that it wasn't near him.

A small amount of worry still stood there, he knew everything he told himself was true, the more he told himself, the calmer he got. The more calm he was, the quicker he would heal. He had already healed some of his broken ribs, still a lot was still needed for him to be back to normal.

The more he stayed in his safe home, and slowly he moved with a calm mindset. He will heal everything himself. His body could heal quicker, and a lot easier then "normal humans" as he could guess was the same for Pierce.

"Aahhh...."

Sighing as the pain slowly began to turn into a small ache, Oxzy closed in on himself. His arms covering his head as if to protect himself, his legs close to his wounded chest.

The calmness going through him would not last long...

~Daylight, marketing circle~
Breathing out a heavy sigh, Mercy crossed her hands with a tired look. She had been waiting for Pierce for the past hour. She was waiting outside the circle market, leaning on the brick wall beside her. The woman and her friend had a plan for the weekend to be shopping, or well in their case stealing. But Mercy wasn't exactly stupid, she knew if she wanted free stuff she needed Pierce to help her.

Yet he still wasn't showing up. She gave out a frustrated sigh, pulling away from the wall and walking forward, all the while calling Pierce's number for a response.

The beeping stopped as she moved it from her ear, she growled under her breath after realizing he had turned off his phone. She sighed but didn't want her day to be ruined, she turned around while fumbling in her black leather purse.

She didn't find what she was looking for, looking around her surroundings she caught sight of something interesting. A sly smile crossed her lips, moving around the corner and to an old couple who was just leaving a small bakery. The woman wore bright jewelry, the husband had rings on his hands that shined as bright as his glasses.

Bingo.

Mercy smiled, moving a bit faster, her heels clicking under her heavy steps, the couple could hear her approaching, only they were too entranced in their conversation that they didn't notice until Mercy had bumped her shoulder into the woman's purse.