- a burning memory -

((Warning for this chapter, there is a character death and a bit of a gruesome death at that. A few sexual themes as well.))

~Cleoi, Oxzy's apartment~
The hero ran with the speed up light that he dropped the bag in his hand, jumping up into his window to the living room. He was greeted with hot flames hitting his skin, the pale flesh began to burn, bringing back the lost memories. Oxzy tried to shut them up, putting his energy into the ice that came from his fingertips.

The fire slowly began to come down. Smoke coming up, the black smoke got trapped from on top of the roof, hitting the walls in attempts to escape. Oxzy turned around, taking out all the fire in his line of sight.

When the fire seemed to finally be put out, the hero scanned his burnt apartment. His eyes looked at his littered and damaged things, everything was turned upside down. It was like a bomb went off in his home. Not just the living room and kitchen, Oxzy ran down the hall to his room.

The room was also torn apart. His belongings were burnt to a crisp, things thrown around with burnt bits falling off. The hero looked past the stuff, he kept his eyes open for only two things.

Cirilla May and Kamari. The two creatures had to be in there, the hero put so much hope into believing they were alright. With his hope and frantic looking around, his eyes caught a small moving rodent.

Kamari was running past his legs. The small furry creature looked fine besides some ashes on her brown fur. Oxzy knelt down to look at her, she made a squealing sound when he tried to pick her up. The hero watched her run off from his hand, running under a long wooden panel that came from the roof.

The hero picked up the wooden panel, looking for the small rodent but instead found a limp body of his cat.

Cirilla May laid limp on the ground. Black ashes were littered on her fur, blood was leaking from her nose. Her body looked crushed, no movements came in response to the hero's choked up realization.

The wooden panel fell from his hand, his whole body fell to the floor. His hands slowly wrapped themselves around the small creature's body. There was still no response, Oxzy held her up to his chest. Clutching onto her softly, he hoped deeply for some type of response.

There was none.

Cirilla laid dead in his arms. He clutched her tightly, everything came to him at once, realizing that the small creature in his hand was not gonna respond. She would never respond again.

He cried out loudly, his head came forward to himself. He curled up on her, the safety of his whole body protecting the cat was for nothing.

Oxzy sobbed into her fur, cries of desperation. He cried over and over again at her loss. The last thing that had ever kept him sane. Keeping himself grounded after Genna had passed was now in his arms with no life.

The small gentle creature didn't deserve this. Her limp body was filled with crushed bones, she had no lasting breath in her. She couldn't comfort the hero anymore, nothing to respond with.

Oxzy stayed on the ground in the burnt ruined apartment for minutes. Hot tears kept coming from his eyes, shut tightly to endure this horrible pain. They kept falling down along with choked sobs. He didn't even notice the entrance of the fire department.

Police sirens sounded from outside, flashing red and blue lights couldn't even pull him out of his loss. He lost Cirilla May, most likely had lost Kamari as well, the small rodent ran from outside of the burnt building. She found a safe place into the sewers, away from her broken master.

The firemen cleared up the rest of the fire, walking outside of the heroes room. The pounding of their heavy boots echoed along the whole apartment. The loud gruff voices came to the hero all at once.