- the hero & the villain -

~The Grubs, Pierce's home~
It was empty once again. His room, the hole in his heart felt empty and very open. He had left, the blowing of air from above the open room flooded into the room, hitting and striking at the villain. It was so cold, so empty.

Pierce felt his body flame up, heat was closing around his body. It was still cold, no matter how bright his body grew from the flames he created. It was still fucking cold..

There was noise from outside the home. It was short but a cunning sound that slid right into the villain's senses. He didn't think he was desperate for a release. The anger was building up, ready to burst in a fiery rage at anything and anyone.

He moved very quickly, he was suddenly standing at the front of his door, his hand on the knob as it swung open from the rigid frame. It opened, having a woman stand on the other side with a cold face.

To Pierce's surprise, it was Mercy.

The woman took a step back, looking up at him to see the expression on his face. She took it in, understanding his feelings but not seeing what's behind it. She took a breath, closing her eyes as the villain's flames burned down.

Slowly it was just the silence that burned the two. The looks, feelings passed along each other in silence. Mercy didn't know how to start the conversation, she did know for sure that Pierce was out for murder.

She could either move out of the way and let him go off to kill a poor soul. Or, she stays in front of him and risks him killing her. She did have a purpose for coming, running away from this problem will tear her apart. She was already losing her mind about what Pierce had done.

She had to get this over with. Even if it might possibly cost her life.

"Pierce-"

"Move Mercy," Pierce said coldly, casting a glare down at her.

The woman huffed, her body tense in fear. But she didn't move, she stayed in the place on his porch, looking up at him. Pierce stayed silent, looking down at her, he was tempted to push her away. He had the power to do it, but he was hesitating. That meant he didn't want to do it. The small sense of familiarity coming from the girl was too strong for him to push away.

His mind quietly focused on Mercy. He pushed away the anger of Oxzy leaving him, looking down at the woman he was so close with. The woman he tried to kill..

Pierce turned away, he felt guilt hit him when the bruise on Mercy's neck was shown right in front of him. It hurt to see it, but hurt even more to know that he had caused it. He had never hurt her, he wanted to belive that it wasn't him who had done it...

It wasn't true. But.. It was easy for him to tell himself that.

"Did he run away..?" Mercy hesitated to ask. But she did anyway, seeing the reaction from the villain, it was obvious. She was tempted to mock the man, but it didn't feel like the right place. "It's gonna be like that if you continue.."

"You don't know shit." The villain smirked, shaking his head.

Mercy scoffed, crossing her arms. "You're right. I don't know about the hero, how he felt before running away." Her face suddenly grew serious. "But I do know you. I might even know more about you then you know yourself. How you connect to things, how you think with your feelings."

"Shut up, I don't want to hurt you-"

"You go to violence to cope. To deal with your emotions, it goes straight to anger. You lash out, and try not to hurt the ones you love. But the same reason as to why they run away is because of that. No one wants to be hurt as much as you hurt them."